Post your favorite Black Fridays deals!

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by Merc, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Tele295 likes this.
  2. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    I just got this catalog in the mail. I think Guitar Center is stalking me on the internet. They know what I like:

B67A599A-6CEF-4D78-9555-AA654D2D35F0.jpeg

3. drmilktruck

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    GC has 15% off “everything,” although the usual restrictions apply. There is something at my local shop that's even a better deal than the Guitar-a-Thon.

Merc likes this.
  4. Tele295

Tele295 Country Gent

I was hoping for an across-the-board discount from Sweetwater. There are a few things I need for our home studio

5. Highroller

Highroller Country Gent

Jun 11, 2015
    Portland, OR
    I just got that too. First piece of mail from them in years. They must be getting desperate! :rolleyes:

L Robbins, Merc and drmilktruck like this.
  6. Ricochet

Ricochet Senior Gretsch-Talker

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Thomann Germany has Cyberweek with lots of items discounted. I think they’re stalking Jim.

G5232T in Midnight Blue is 14% off so €498 instead of €577.

Also a Harley Benton LP DC Jr. in Benton blue(like a bright Daphne) with a FAT neck. €150 instead of 200.

Merc and drmilktruck like this.
  7. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Well , just came from the mail box .... I didn't get my catalog in the mail today :( ...... guess I'll have to wait until next year :p

drmilktruck likes this.
  8. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Gretschified

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    New pair of black jeans at half the usual price. Same Brand, same size, same colour as always:
    [​IMG]

9. Archtops

Archtops Country Gent

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    I really couldn’t find any BF deals that interested me. Oh well…

10. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Then are some skinny legs. ;)

11. loudnlousy

loudnlousy Gretschified

Oct 18, 2015
    Germany
    Big belly, skinny legs. In fact my athlete son and I are sharing the same size when it comes to jeans. When it comes to t-shirts...well...

drmilktruck, audept and Merc like this.
  12. Craig Encinitas

Craig Encinitas Gretschie

May 3, 2021
    Encinitas, Ca
    I ordered a set of Grover locking tuners for the Les Paul. (Free) Shipping notification initially said 7-10 days. It arrived in two.

:rolleyes:

Although it’s Saturday, I feel like this was somehow related to the topic at hand.

drmilktruck and Merc like this.
  13. capnhiho

capnhiho Country Gent

Feb 16, 2013
    California
    Hmmmmmm….
    I haven’t received anything from them for a long time either - and used to get their mailings regularly. Seems kind of odd as I’ve made several purchases from GC within the past couple of years (although maybe buying used gear from their website puts me in a different demographic category).

Merc likes this.
  14. wabash slim

wabash slim I Bleed Orange

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I've gotten catalogs from Woodwind/Brasswind in the last year. Don't think I need a $22K bassoon. Otherwise, the best Black Friday deal I've had is being able to stay at home, save money, and avoid the crowds.

15. Ktone

Ktone Electromatic

Oct 31, 2021
    SE PA USA
    Oh, you mean this small list of exclusions for their “Biggest Sale of the Year”? Aren’t they embarrassed to post this?

Exclusions and limitations: Not to be used in conjunction with other coupons, promotions or offers. No cash value. Excludes discounted and clearance items, price matches, used/vintage, tax/shipping charges, scratch and dent, Gift Cards and musician services (Pro Coverage, Repairs, Rentals and Lessons).

Products from the following manufacturers are excluded: A Designs, ADAM, ADAM Audio, Aguilar, Allen & Heath, Alvarez, Ampeg, Antelope Audio, Apogee, Apple, Arturia, Ashdown, Ashly Audio, Avantone, Avid, B.C. Rich, BAE, Barefoot Sound, Beetronics FX, Blackstar, Bogner, Bose, BOSS, Burl Audio, Caparison Guitars, Catalinbread, Chapman, Crate, Cusack Music, D'Angelico, D.W. Fearn, Danelectro, Dangerous Music, Dean Markley, Deering, Diezel, Duesenberg USA, EarthQuaker Devices, Earthworks, Egnater, Electro-Harmonix, elysia, Empress Effects, Epiphone, Ernie Ball Music Man, EVH, Fender, Fender Custom Shop, FOCAL, Focusrite, Fostex, Friedman, Fulltone, Fulltone Custom Shop, G&L, Gallien-Krueger, Gibraltar, Gibson, Gibson Custom, Godin, Golden Age Project, GoPro, Gretsch Drums, Hagstrom, HeadRush, Heritage Audio, iConnectivity, ISP Technologies, iZotope, JHS Pedals, Johnson, Kat Percussion, Keeley, Kemper, KORG, Kramer, Kurzweil, Kush Audio, LaChapell Audio, Lag Guitars, Lakland, Lewitt Audio Microphones, Lindell Audio, Lucida, Mackie, Manley, Marshall, Martin, Meris, Mesa Boogie, METRIC HALO, Millennia, Milkman Sound, Mojave Audio, Moog, Morgan Amplification, MOTU, Native Instruments, Neumann, Nord, Novation, Orange Amplifiers, Paiste, Pettyjohn Electronics, Phoenix Audio, Pigtronix, Pioneer DJ, Primacoustic, PRS, Palatino, QSC, Radial Engineering, Randall, Rane DJ, Reloop, Reverend, RME, Rockett Pedals, Roland, Roland Cloud, Royer, Ruach Music, S.E. Shires, Savannah, sE Electronics, Seagull, Sennheiser, Sequential, Serato, Shure, Slate Digital, Slate Pro Audio, Slate Media Technology, Softube, Soldano, Soundbrenner, Source Audio, Snark, Spector, Squier, Steinberger, Steven Slate Audio, Steven Slate Drums, Strandberg, Studiologic, Suhr, Supro, Suzuki, Synergy, Taylor, Teenage Engineering, TELEFUNKEN, Teletronix, The Loar, Toft Audio Designs, Tone King, Tube-Tech, Two Notes Audio Engineering, VHT, Voodoo Lab, VOX, Walrus Audio, Wampler, Warm Audio, Washburn, WESTONE, Xotic Effects, Yamaha, ZT, ZVEX.

16. mrcoffee23

mrcoffee23 Gretschie

Sep 23, 2009
    Virginia, USA
    This is the post to remind people that if you actually call, they will apply the coupon to almost anything that is not 'on sale.'

Legally, due to contracts that include MAP (minimum advertised pricing), they cannot advertise that they will give 15% off, but they will.

17. Archtops

Archtops Country Gent

Mar 4, 2021
    SoCal
    Well I did find a great Black Friday deal. Saved a good amount on a the new GoPro 10 camera bundle. I’m giving my GoPro 7 to a buddy today as he heads up North for a year or so.

18. Ricochet

Ricochet Senior Gretsch-Talker

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Early X-mas gift to myself. Celestion Alnico Cream for 200 bucks. :cool:

[​IMG]

19. BobbyMac

BobbyMac Electromatic

Mar 13, 2016
    Texas Panhandle
    Guitar Center exclusive for Black Friday. 20% off the MAP of $499 (so $399+tax). Too cool to pass up. I've got 15 Fenders and this is my second Squier in two months and I have to say the quality is incredibly good at this price point.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. drmilktruck

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Cool looker! Congrats.

Merc and Craig Encinitas like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.