Poll: Which pickguard for this ridiculous Thinline?

Which guard on this ugly guitar?

• Black

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Yellow/Black Vomit

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

LivingMyDream

Friend of Fred
May 4, 2016
Peculiar, Missouri
I'm a fan of the simplicity of the black. Somehow it fits with the single pickup and single control (I assume it's a volume knob).

This coming from a guy that has a white pearloid pickguard on a Strat, so take it for what it's worth.

calebaaron666

Friend of Fred
Aug 15, 2018
Auburn, Maine
I'm a fan of the simplicity of the black. Somehow it fits with the single pickup and single control (I assume it's a volume knob).

This coming from a guy that has a white pearloid pickguard on a Strat, so take it for what it's worth.
Yeah, I thought the black would be hands down the better choice, but I can’t decide. Maybe if it was just a single layer black?
Yes, it’s just a volume knob. Simple guitar for a simple mind.
Plain Black for me.
Noted! Thanx!

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
They both look good and my votes been cast. One thing holding the black back from its best… it’s too new and shiny compared to the rest. You may be able age the white portion with coffee grinds or whatever people use, then relic the black ply accordingly. Probably make a world of difference if done right.

calebaaron666

Friend of Fred
Aug 15, 2018
Auburn, Maine
They both look good and my votes been cast. One thing holding the black back from its best… it’s too new and shiny compared to the rest. You may be able age the white portion with coffee grinds or whatever people use, then relic the black ply accordingly. Probably make a world of difference if done right.
Excellent suggestion.

JeffreyLeePierre

Country Gent
Well I, see you got your
Brand new leopard-skin pill-box hat
Yes I, see you got your
Well, you must tell me, baby how your
Head feels under somethin' like that
Under your brand new leopard-skin pill-box hat

(Now looking again at the pics, I'm no longer sure if the leopard pickguard + the black&white flag under the bridge are not too much.)

calebaaron666

Friend of Fred
Aug 15, 2018
Auburn, Maine
Well I, see you got your
Yes I, see you got your
Well, you must tell me, baby how your
Head feels under somethin' like that
Under your brand new leopard-skin pill-box hat

(Now looking again at the pics, I'm no longer sure if the leopard pickguard + the black&white flag under the bridge are not too much.)
You’re not totally wrong, it is definitely leopard-esque.
That sticker covers the old ashtray bridge and string holes.
4CCE90FA-4E96-41F5-938F-F913C3092C92.jpeg

calebaaron666

Friend of Fred
Aug 15, 2018
Auburn, Maine
For me, the Leopard would be the best since it reminds the gold color of the ring PU.

@calebaaron666 : did you needed to shim the neck on this instrument to accomodate Bigsby parts and HS FT ?

A+!
Yes, there’s a neck shim.
The aluminum cast Bigsby neck shim that is normally used for a B16 provided too steep an angle. Made everything too high. The bridge was barely on the posts.
I hired my luthier friend to help me mod the guitar, and he made a new custom shim out of hard wood. I couldn’t tell you exactly how thick he made it, but it’s a bit shallower than the aluminum. Everything fits well, and is set up great. Very easy guitar to play.
I get great overtones from behind the bridge.

Sanchito

Electromatic
May 11, 2022
Washington, DC
I've always thought thinline teles looked weird and unbalanced with their one f hole, but somehow the put-them-a-bag-and-shake-them quality of all the other parts also makes this the first one I've really liked. Nice!

Voted for black. I like how the gloss doesn't fit with anything else.