Please Post your Dog or Pets :)

hcsterg

Friend of Fred
Feb 13, 2012
France
All of our cats decided by themselves to live in our home freely.
They adopted us, not the contrary.

Tibou (daughter) and Tigrette (mother) in Winter 2005 :
hYgyIb-TIGRETTE-TIBOU.jpg

Tigrette on the kitchen window, by a fresh sunny Autumn morning :
I4KhJb-IMG-4482.jpg

Tibou, also in Autumn :
rYgyIb-IMG-7233.jpg

Now Tibou is a 16 year-old lady :
emO0Ib-Cool-Tibou.jpg

She absolutely hate any played guitar sound, but she loves listening to music, particularly chill-out electronic music, at moderate level :
DjY1Mb-install-19-09-21-1.jpg

Tibou in Springs, in the garden...
DOgyIb-P1030411.jpg

... Safely watched and protected by Black&White, tel Bayard, le Chevalier sans Peur et sans Reproche :
1PgyIb-P1030428.jpg

Black&White came to us in Winter, on a cold snowy evening, injured and starving. He was a wild cat whose instinct told him that here, he could find help... Of course, he had to respect the préséance of Tibou :
SQgyIb-P1030527.jpg

But he quiclky became accepted by her :
rYgyIb-P1040709red.jpg

B&W was a kind and clever guy, here at home in winter, upstairs :
yPgyIb-P1020804.jpg

But he was always suffering some disease, until we discovered that he had the FIV. As unfortunately expected, the disease soon took on him, despite our efforts... So long Black&White...
YQgyIb-P1020790.jpg

An old mate is Le Rouquin, here as a young squatter on my son's bed :
67KhJb-IMG-3884.jpg

Le Rouquin appreciates guitars, particularly when they are not played...
PFPfJb-P1090303.jpg

He did not fight with another newcomer, Balthazar :
NAKhJb-P1060412.jpg

Nor with Minouche, an occasional Lady cat guest :
v6KhJb-P1050882.jpg

Balthazar and the neighbour's young cat, Nemo, are close friend, that finally Nemo decided to adopt us :
FhapMb-P1120724.jpg

Avoir un chat, ça se merite... On ne s'approprie pas un chat parce qu'on l'a simplement amené chez soi !

And I'll cite again @wabash slim : Dogs have masters, Cats have servants. ;)

A+!

Last edited:

markeebee

Country Gent
Apr 27, 2010
Forever Malcolm Young
IMG-20190202-WA0000-383x511.jpg

Pedro and LaFawnduh, a couple of years ago.

Pedro, sadly, is no longer with us. He was every bit as hard-ass as he looks, but even he was no match for a speeding van in the street outside our house. RIP, viking munchkin.

LaFawnduh, on the other hand, is the sweetest, most gentle soul you could ever meet. She's just grown and grown and grown and is by far the biggest cat I've ever seen, looks more like a malevolent panther wolf. The neighbours call us "the house with the terrifying cat". But, really, she is the embodiment of the word "pussycat". She's soooo scared of our new little kitten, it's hilarious.

Stefan87

Country Gent
May 20, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
Congrats on the new little man @Waxhead , my wife would love a Labradoodle or a Groodle but at this point in our life they are a little on the bigger side for us.

Our two dogs:
Tiarah our Pomeranian, she is a great dog, the easiest dog I have ever come across, never an issue with her... well except when my wifes nephew dropped her just before Christmas and broke her leg.
20180721_194132.jpg

And our new little Poodle/Cairn Terrior Clyde, only got him yesterday and so far he is a good little man, fit in well with the family.
20211005_204314.jpg
20211005_204753.jpg

Last edited:

Waxhead

Friend of Fred
Aug 30, 2014
Australia
Congrats on the new little man @Waxhead , my wife would love a Labradoodle or a Groodle but at this point in our life they are a little on the bigger side for us.

Our two dogs:
Tiarah our Pomeranian, she is a great dog, the easiest dog I have ever come across, never an issue with her... well except when my wifes nephew dropped her just before Christmas and broke her leg.
View attachment 169376

And our new little Poodle/Cairn Terrior Clyde, only got him yesterday and so far he is a good little man, fit in well with the family.
View attachment 169374
View attachment 169375

Great family Stefan - how's Tiarah's leg now ?

Waxhead

Friend of Fred
Aug 30, 2014
Australia
Meet Crosby...named after David Crosby...an Australian Labradoodle who will turn 1 year old this month on the 25th.

View attachment 169363 View attachment 169365

Great Dog - I think my Rocky will be a black version of Crosby.
He's medium sized and will grow up to my knees.
His Mum Lucy was a Labrador same colour as your Crosby :)

Very intelligent dogs - my guy has potty trained and comes when his name is called after 1 day. Negotiated stairs (up and down) on his 2nd attempt.

Stefan87

Country Gent
May 20, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
Great family Stefan - how's Tiarah's leg now ?
she's doing really good, broke both bones (not sure what they are called) so she needed a plate and screws to get it all fixed, everything went well and no side affects from anything so can't ask for a better result really.

You will have to post some pics of Rocky on the surf boards when you get him out in the water lol.

Waxhead

Friend of Fred
Aug 30, 2014
Australia
All of our cats decided by themselves to live in our home freely.
They adopted us, not the contrary.

Tibou (daughter) and Tigrette (mother) in Winter 2005 :
hYgyIb-TIGRETTE-TIBOU.jpg

Tigrette on the kitchen window, by a fresh sunny Autumn morning :
I4KhJb-IMG-4482.jpg

Tibou, also in Autumn :
rYgyIb-IMG-7233.jpg

Now Tibou is a 16 year-old lady :
emO0Ib-Cool-Tibou.jpg

She absolutely hate any played guitar sound, but she loves listening to music, particularly chill-out electronic music, at moderate level :
DjY1Mb-install-19-09-21-1.jpg

Tibou in Springs, in the garden...
DOgyIb-P1030411.jpg

... Safely watched and protected by Black&White, tel Bayard, le Chevalier sans Peur et sans Reproche :
1PgyIb-P1030428.jpg

Black&White came to us in Winter, on a cold snowy evening, injured and starving. He was a wild cat whose instinct told him that here, he could find help... Of course, he had to respect the préséance of Tibou :
SQgyIb-P1030527.jpg

But he quiclky became accepted by her :
rYgyIb-P1040709red.jpg

B&W was a kind and clever guy, here at home in winter, upstairs :
yPgyIb-P1020804.jpg

But he was always suffering some disease, until we discovered that he had the FIV. As unfortunately expected, the disease soon took on him, despite our efforts... So long Black&White...
YQgyIb-P1020790.jpg

An old mate is Le Rouquin, here as a young squatter on my son's bed :
67KhJb-IMG-3884.jpg

Le Rouquin appreciates guitars, particularly when they are not played...
PFPfJb-P1090303.jpg

He did not fight with another newcomer, Balthazar :
NAKhJb-P1060412.jpg

Nor with Minouche, an occasional Lady cat guest :
v6KhJb-P1050882.jpg

Balthazar and the neighbour's young cat, Nemo, are close friend, that finally Nemo decided to adopt us :
FhapMb-P1120724.jpg

Avoir un chat, ça se merite... On ne s'approprie pas un chat parce qu'on l'a simplement amené chez soi !

And I'll cite again @wabash slim : Dogs have masters, Cats have servants. ;)

A+!

I have a funny French Cat story for you.
In 2019 I lived on the Philippine island of Siargao for 3 months.
It's a small and best surfing island in Philippines.

I lived in an apartment/Hotel block opposite one of the best surfing breaks called Pacifico. In the apartment below me lived a Frenchman who had moved their to build a new tourist development. He brought his cat with him from France.

This cat was a French breed "Chartreux" - a most amazing cat. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chartreux

It was HUGE - same size as a Bob Cat, was an expert night time hunter, liked people and terrorised dogs. Philippine dogs are little skinny guys, mostly untrained and lots of strays around. They can intimidate and often attack/kill local cats.

But not this French cat. He guarded our complex. If any dog came within 300m he'd viciously attack the dog and tear shreds of it, then chase them down the road. I saw him attack and savagely maul 3 dogs who tried to gang up on him. They were a bloody mess by the end of it and ran off squealing.

Another time we saw him ambush a dog. He pounced on its back from a tree like a Leopard. He'd ripped half the dogs ear off before it escaped.

After 2 weeks of his arrival no dog would come within 500m of our complex. When local philippinos turned up with their dog the dog refused to enter the property. Owners could not get them inside the gate and this Cat would stare at them like "make my day breakfast"

At night he went hunting in the rainforest and caught his own meals. His owner rarely needed to feed him. He was a one man Cat. He occasionally let me pat him for a 1 minute or 2 then walked off hunting dogs :)

Last edited:

Latest posts