Played my first 6xxx series Gretsch!

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by HotRodRocker, Jun 3, 2012.

1. telespank

telespank Synchromatic

Feb 25, 2011
    Davidson, NC
    I had to level and dress the frets, put on a properly cut bone nut, Compton bridge, and upgrade the pickups on my 5120 before I was happy with it. I put @ $450 in parts and 6 hours of shop time in it. It will never be a work of art, like a high end Gretsch, but I do love it.

2. sligo ray

sligo ray Synchromatic

Jun 17, 2011
    New Zealand
    You make it sound like a drug corridor! lol. The amount of people believing something is seldom a guarantee of objective truth.:) But you are right about the amount of guitarists who are headed for the end of the rainbow.

3. MKunie

MKunie Country Gent

Feb 8, 2012
    Vegas,USA
    I really have to add this,, Keep the 6120 in case in closet, and Hagstrom Hanging on wall hanger,, where temps run 75-85 f. Gretsch in case, temps running, 73-79. I have NOT touched the Hagstrom in over a week, It was in perfect tune! The G was a little sharp, but in amazing tune!!! Even with thet Tremar! Now when I have the Gretsch out on a stand, I tune it and retune a few times a night and it is just sitting on stand! The more Expensive guitar is more sensitive> Anyway it does have original strings on her and after I change them myself will stay more in tune. But go figure with the Hagstrom,, Tunes up and sounds great Stock issue!

4. Tony65x55

Tony65x55 Gretschified

Sep 23, 2011
    The 'Shwa, Ontario, Canada
    Hags are grossly underrated but if everybody finds out, the price will go up. :)

5. HotRodRocker

HotRodRocker Electromatic

Mar 8, 2012
    Virginia Beach VA
    Thanks for adding to this! Notice your from Salisbury. So am I! Small world lol i got all my almost all my guitars from Earl Teats. Their the best. I played my first gretsch at earls lol

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.