Piezo in an Electromatic Center Block Jr...

Discussion in 'The Pickup Place' started by GlenP, May 24, 2021.

1. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    Of course all the prewired cables are color coded and all my shielded cable is black. So when I replace those wires, so I can stretch things out and mount them where I want, I might keep a short portion of the unshielded wires at the end to help identify them, but I hate to add two extra solder joints in each wire that is not really needed. Have to think about that. maybe I can use some sharpie or paint pens to color code my black shielded cables. I may keep the prewired short leads on the Control X board side only, I don’t want to solder on there any more than I have to. The jack and switch have lugs that are easier to work with, and I am replacing both of those pre-wired chrome parts from the kit with gold parts that I bought separately. The only soldering required on the board are easy access through holes near the corner for the piezo signal and shield wires (X-Bridge wires in the figure below). I am not going to remove any of those other wires from the board, but maybe cut a good length where I can strip off a portion and solder that to my shielded cables.

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 11.12.52 AM.png

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  2. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    I have been finishing up a TV stand project in the garage and practicing for a performance coming up on Sat at a local Farmers Market, acoustic stuff, so not much time to work on this the past couple of weekends. I will post some updates when I make some more progress.

3. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    Not much activity lately, just been a heat wave here and I have been avoiding the garage. I did some continuity checks on my replacement gold mini toggle 3 position DPDT switch for the Mag/Both/Pie selector to make sure that I will orient it the same way as the pre-wired switch. It has a face label side that matches the other switch and they are consistent with each other. Just wanted to make sure the closed circuit poles match the appropriate switch positions on my replacement part as the original.

Henry likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.