Pickups among other things

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by guitarmaker, Nov 4, 2010.

1. guitarmaker

guitarmaker Synchromatic

Mar 1, 2010
    Oley, PA
    I felt like mentioning some of these things to you guys. I decided it was easier to do it all in one thread. First off, I've been working at a job which I took on to make some extra cash for my wedding. It was supposed to be part time but it quickly developed into a '7 days a week' kind of thing. Needless to say, I haven't had much time for anything else but hey, I'll take it while I can get it.

Also, I had mentioned in another thread that my fiances car got hit in our driveway. They still didn't find the culprit but we finally replaced her car with a 2003 VW Jetta wagon. It's pretty nice.... she parks it in the yard.

2 days after the car got hit, our computer died. We've been using this crappy old laptop while we wait for our new (refurbished) Mac. That was not a fun week.

And finally, I had to order a few pieces from guitar fetish for a friends guitar, so I took the opportunity to add one of their new mini-trons to my shopping cart. It arrived today and by the look of it, I'm fairly happy with it. I had a filtertron cover laying around so I slipped it over and the polepiece screws fall right into place. I may just swap the covers out. Either way, it's going into a tele body with a real filtertron that I have laying around.

As soon as the new computer comes, I'll be able to put pictures up and do a 1 to 1 comparison of the filtertron and mini-tron. Anyway, that's what's new 'round these parts.

2. araT

araT Gretschified

Mar 24, 2009
    Berlin, Germany
    I hope lady luck starts smiling down on you GM :) You had a severe bad luck streak there!
    I'm looking forward to hearning what you think about that GFS minitron & how it compares to the real filter in there! :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice