Pickup magnets

Discussion in 'Streamliner Gretsch Forum' started by Rik Marelli, Jul 21, 2021.

1. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I have a computer speaker system (sub and L/R) that I can plug into anything with a 1/8" TRS earphone audio out. If it has a 1/8" TRS output I can go into any PA mixer.

2. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I was tied to the clock since I was in 1st grade. 24 hour clocks in the service and at work. Glad to be rid of them. I've got two clocks in my den---a 24 hour one, and another that tells me what day of the week it is.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    mr coffee likes this.
  3. oneforsorrow

oneforsorrow Synchromatic

May 15, 2020
    Iowa
    I like watches as well. Don’t have a wrist watch at the moment but I still use this one when appropriate. And it does have a very audible ticking :).

7107CFB6-E8BC-4D9D-A5D8-E2355DCB6D17.jpeg

AZBrahma, thunder58 and mr coffee like this.
  4. mister rain

mister rain Gretschie

Apr 23, 2020
    new orleans
    i used to loop the sound of my timex ticking as a metronome for a track live. lean in, says i.

5. DennisC

DennisC Country Gent

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    Hm ... I remember a scene from a movie, where a guy just retired, or somehow is done, or over it ... and walks along a street, opens the wristband of his watch and throws it away. I always understood this, that the clock represents a form of opression to someone with fixed work hours ... I'm in the lucky position that I, basically, can start working whenever I see fit between 5 and 9 in the morning, and then work as long as I see fit, and whatever exceeds the 8 hours a day is stored in an account. I wanna work less? Sure, then I'll use up the time I'd safed beforehand. So ... a clock doesn't represent any opression to me, but ...

... an information that is useful pretty often. I travel by train, usually, whenever I'm not to work from home, and there, you gotta know the time to not miss a train - or to know if it makes sense already to reclaim the ticket's cost, partially or fully, due to delays. Or to know if a certain store is still open, I need to know sometimes ... plus I think my watch looks pretty nice ... not over the top, just the basic information (I wouldn't even have opted for the date display, but they were never built without), steel, no gold, and I like the thought that I have something on my wrist that I never have to recharge, and consider the automatic clockwork an invention that is worth being conserved by being kept in use - and I don't see why this should be left to millionaires wearing Rolexes. Which, tbh, I don't find that nice anyway.

It's the only piece of jewelry, if it even is jewelry, that also serves a purpose, has a function. A chain, rings, piercings, all that serves nothing but having stuff attached to the body, invasive or noninvasive.

+ it now costs 2.5 times in € what it cost in DM when my Dad bought it. + it was a present from Dad, + I'm so used to wearing a watch that I cannot fall asleep without one, + it got returned after I had lost it by the most notorious weed-enthusiast among my schoolmates, whom I gave a pretty decent finder's reward, which returned with an invitation to enjoy some produce to ... alter the perception of time, which worked pretty good, but we kept track of the actual time, due to having a watch with us, ...

new6659, mr coffee and bhatta like this.
  6. Fathand

Fathand Electromatic

Mar 14, 2019
    Port Dover
    Quartz watches are battery operated, Mechanical watches wind up or are self winding by arm movement, Rolex would be a well known example, they rarely were made with batteries.
    Maybe a mechanical watch would solve the problem, especially a gold one. A pocket watch might be another option, there is already a watch pocket in your Levis jeans and some others.

7. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Now that's what I'm talkin' about

oneforsorrow likes this.
  8. Fathand

Fathand Electromatic

Mar 14, 2019
    Port Dover
    If you ever scuba dive, a watch is very helpful to calculate your bottom time so you don't get the bends or run low on air. My $25 Timexes have been 120 ft down.

thunder58 likes this.
  9. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    That makes total sense. Of course, being 71, and blessed with COPD, it's not too likely that I'll be scuba diving any time soon. As to Timex---I destroyed too many fine watches at work, but $30 Timex digitals always lasted me 5 years. I only got new ones when the battery died.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.