Photographs and Memories, Jim Croce 1974

Rene Asologuitar

Gretschie
Apr 3, 2022
Seattle, WA
Photographs & Memories: His Greatest Hits is a 1974 greatest hits album (and second posthumous release) by Jim Croce, originally released on ABC Records.

The album was released a year after Croce's 1973 death in an airplane crash.

One of my first guitar riff that I learned. I was First Year in high school when this song came out.

My treasured years in Davao City High School are my best years, and love and respect to all my high school friends and classmates.

This song is dedicated to Doris A., currently in the Netherlands.

Hope, Peace and Love!!!

Feedback is much appreciated.

Rene Asologuitar

Gretschie
Apr 3, 2022
Seattle, WA
I had the chance to hang out a couple of times in Croce's in downtown San Diego.
How I wish Jim is still with us, and hearing his genius in his songs.
I miss Jim Croce!
Thank you ishtar!!!
Rene

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Double Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
Tappan N.Y.
Nice rendition! Croce was taken far too soon.... and is big in my heart and memories... It is nice to see and hear his son making music, too.
@Rene Asologuitar , that was just great and great to hear . I think the world is a big fan of Jim . I've never met anyone who's not a fan . A tremendous influence in my taste in music too . As you know , you and I were in high school at the same time so Jim needs no explanation .
I had the chance to see his son A.J. Croce perform in our local Arts Center back in 2019 . An intimate show , about 30 people . A musician and story teller in his own right and played only his music ..... except for " Box #10 "
IMG_2490.JPG

Rene Asologuitar

Gretschie
Apr 3, 2022
Seattle, WA
Nicely done! Croce's death was a great loss to the world of music.

I started my guitar world as a folkie. I just saw that John Denver died 25 years ago today.
Harry Chapin was another sad loss.
Hi wabash slim,
Thank you for the great feedback!
Wow, 25 years already!
John D is another folk hero of mine.
Thanks for memorializing the names, Harry Chapin, Jim Croce, John Denver, just to mention a few.
Love your post!!!
Rene
@Rene Asologuitar , that was just great and great to hear . I think the world is a big fan of Jim . I've never met anyone who's not a fan . A tremendous influence in my taste in music too . As you know , you and I were in high school at the same time so Jim needs no explanation .
I had the chance to see his son A.J. Croce perform in our local Arts Center back in 2019 . An intimate show , about 30 people . A musician and story teller in his own right and played only his music ..... except for " Box #10 "
Hi thunder58,
I would have loved to be in that room with you, when AJ sang his songs.
Growing up with his Dad, and hanging around his Dad's friends really colored his world, and musically panted his whole persona with loveliness and coolness.
Thanks for this story!!!
Love this post.
Rene
P&M was a big album in our house back in the 70’s. Jim & Maury are still gigantic influences on me

Hi Tele295,
Love your wonderful comments.
Giant influences on me, as well!!!
Thank you, my friend!!!
Respectfully,
Rene

drmilktruck

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Double Platinum Member
May 17, 2009
Plymouth, MN
Big Jim Croce fan. I was only 10 when he died but my friend John and I listened to a radio tribute to him then at my family’s cabin. That album was my first LP.

Nice version

Rene Asologuitar

Gretschie
Apr 3, 2022
Seattle, WA
Big Jim Croce fan. I was only 10 when he died but my friend John and I listened to a radio tribute to him then at my family’s cabin. That album was my first LP.

Nice version
Hi drmilktruck,
Very nice story, and I love it!!!
I am only 2 years ahead of you, and I am also a very big Jim Croce fan.
His music has always been a big part of my life, especially on my guitar journey.
Thank you for this post!!!
Respectfully,
Rene