Pedals for G5420t? Thoughts?

cwegy

Gretschie
Nov 29, 2012
Hamburg/ Germany
I wonder if that counts in the mix, either live on stage or on a recording.
I´ll report on that, soon. I think this extra feature is a gift for the hard rockin´guitarist. But even in smoother styles this can be an advantage.

I'm curious about.

erav214

Gretschie
Apr 18, 2013
Aurora,IL
in order:
Boss TU 1000 tuner
Home made Fuzz Factory clone
Joyo Sweet Baby
Creepy Fingers Doomidrive (clone)
Atomic Brain
Billy Brain
Timmy
BBE Goosta Grande
TC Electromics Nova Delay
Strymon El Cap
Behringer RV600 (in shimmer mode)

I had more, but just sold a bunch on evilbay

Marlin

I just bought a Timmy from a friend and I'm seriously looking into getting that Strymon El Capistan

Lewisdave

Electromatic
Mar 29, 2013
London UK
Boss RE 20 delay, compressor (keeley) noise gate (zvex loop gate). Amp with decent reverb and a tremolo- fender twin or Champ XD ( for lower volume). Delay and reverb are essential with these IMHO

capnhiho

Country Gent
Feb 16, 2013
California
I know this sounds cheesy but I'm blown away by my 5420 through a Boss ME-50 into my Ampeg BA 108 bass practice amp!

Must be a compatible combination of preamp, amp, and the full range speaker of the Ampeg.

Obviously I'm not playing this rig in public but it rocks the house.

saustindavis

Electromatic
Jun 8, 2013
I run my board for both acoustic and electric, so I have some unique stuff. I'll diagram it the best I can from my phone...

Acoustic & Electric->Carl Martin Route Box->Boss TU-2->BBE Green Screamer->DeltaLabs Chorus->MXR Carbon Copy Analogue Delay->DD-5 Digital Delay->Digitech Jamman Solo->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Mini->(back to) Carl Martin Route Box->Fender Hot Rod Deluxe & Ultrasound DI/Preamp

The Route Box is what makes it all possible it has 2 inputs for instruments, an out to effects, a return from effects, and 2 outputs. The only bummer is that you can't run both inputs and/or outputs at the same time, but this would result in acoustic being sent to the amp, or the electric straight to the house, and both would have the same effects.

I hope to add a Line 6 Verbzilla soon, just waiting on funds.

TV the Wired Turtle

Gretschified
Jul 25, 2009
Sandy Eggo
wah wah, atomic brain, boss tuner, boss blues driver,boss delay,but i find that the blues driver gets to distorted with filtertrons when it is placed after the atomic brain,when i place it in front of the brain it cleans up better but then when i hit the abby mode it boosts it to much for solos so im on the hunt for a pedal that will sit after the brain that isnt to noisy and hissy that will give me a nice fat but not to distorted tone,any sugestions please ?

tim pedal!!!

Gretschist

Gretschie
May 20, 2013
Cologne, Germany
This pedal (MXR Micro Amp) gives you a bit more of the sparkle sounds we love with the Gretsch guitars. It supports all sounds with more overtones and crispy bite, check it out and you´ll see, your Electromatic sounds better.

Best, Al

Attachments

• MicroAmp.jpg
    MicroAmp.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 237

erav214

Gretschie
Apr 18, 2013
Aurora,IL
I run my board for both acoustic and electric, so I have some unique stuff. I'll diagram it the best I can from my phone...

Acoustic & Electric->Carl Martin Route Box->Boss TU-2->BBE Green Screamer->DeltaLabs Chorus->MXR Carbon Copy Analogue Delay->DD-5 Digital Delay->Digitech Jamman Solo->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Mini->(back to) Carl Martin Route Box->Fender Hot Rod Deluxe & Ultrasound DI/Preamp

The Route Box is what makes it all possible it has 2 inputs for instruments, an out to effects, a return from effects, and 2 outputs. The only bummer is that you can't run both inputs and/or outputs at the same time, but this would result in acoustic being sent to the amp, or the electric straight to the house, and both would have the same effects.

I hope to add a Line 6 Verbzilla soon, just waiting on funds.

Wow! That seems complicated but also like an awesome board

saustindavis

Electromatic
Jun 8, 2013
Wow! That seems complicated but also like an awesome board

It's not as complicated as it sounds. I wired it all up with a Planet Waves cable kit and its pretty straight forward. I'll get a pic on here next time I have it out. It's all on a Gator board that came with a power supply with 8x9v and 3x18v. The Jamman Solo is running on its own power because it gave me problems on my last board. Now it runs clean and silent.

Michael314

Electromatic
Jun 10, 2013
Minnesota
This is my current board.

Boss TU3
Ernie Ball Wah
Wolfskull Pedals Little Green Marvel (Mad Prof. Little Green Wonder clone)
Wolfskull Pedals Silver Bullet Drive (similar to a modded Fulltone OCD)
Wolfskull Pedals Alfred Boost
Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Wolfskull Pedals Tremor Analog Tremolo
TC Electronic ND-1 Nova Delay
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay (external tap tempo by This1'sMyne)
TC Elecronic Arena Reverb (little brother of the Hall Of Fame verb)

If you guys can't tell I've got a lot of pedals from Wolfskull. The owner Chris is an incredible builder and does everything the right way. All true bypass pedals w/ soft switches. Check his stuff out on Facebook.

-Michael

Attachments

• image-2980483359.jpg
    image-2980483359.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 115

gretschrookie

Electromatic
May 25, 2013
Texas
My current setup

Ernie Ball VP Jr
Vox Wah 847
Fulltone FD2
Visual Sound Route 808
Boss ch-1 Chorus
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Boss Rv-5

Any comments or suggestions???? Or remarks! :)