Pedalboard rebuild/rethink

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by rockymtnguitar, Jan 24, 2021.

1. rockymtnguitar

rockymtnguitar Gretschie

Jan 22, 2019
    Colorado
    So a couple of weeks ago I had an epiphany about my pedals. I never made adjustments to reverb, delay, or fuzz. As it so happens, those are three of the four "mini" pedals on my board (fourth is a flanger). The reason I didn't mess with them is that I can't read the settings at all-I have to get down on my knees to read the options, and that's not going to happen. I decided to pull some unused pedals and replace the minis.

I got lucky, and the fuzz and delay I wanted were both on the local Craigslist, so they came in under budget and easy. I bought the new JHS Series 3 Reverb. I'd bought the Ventura last fall and never got around to installing it (lame of me, I know).

Anyway, got the house to myself tonight, so redoing the board. Pulling the mini fuzz, mini delay, mini reverb, the AC Tone, and probably the compressor off and adding the new ones. Plus, my new amp has an effects loop, which I've never had before.

IMG_3714.jpg IMG_3717.jpg

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    rockinforJesus, Merc and pmac11 like this.
  2. oneforsorrow

oneforsorrow Gretschie

May 15, 2020
    Iowa
    The algebra of pedalboard layout and design is never-ending for me. I'm constantly trying new stacking approaches for drive pedals and I've got back and forth with using the FX loop on my amp. I've given up on "deciding" on any of it and have instead just accepted that's likely to remain fluid.

Have fun!

thunder58 likes this.
  3. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    And me too . Sometimes I think if I were to do it all over again .....here's an example . One pedal to take the place of 3 ( and the cost is equivalent to buying 3 separate pedals )

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 6.46.18 AM.png

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  4. rockymtnguitar

rockymtnguitar Gretschie

Jan 22, 2019
    Colorado
    Thanks - yeah it's a never-ending process. I kind of neglected my board before by having a few inexpensive pedals to experiment with. FWIW, I really like the Donner mini pedals. I just couldn't read them, so I never adjusted them or made the most of them.

Here's how I left it last night:
    IMG_3718.jpg

thunder58 and oneforsorrow like this.
  5. michelb

michelb Synchromatic

Mar 27, 2020
    Belgium
    All you need for Rockabilly :p

oneforsorrow and thunder58 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.