Pedal board advice

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by JaredmacNeil90, Dec 2, 2021.

1. JaredmacNeil90

JaredmacNeil90 Gretschie

Jan 19, 2021
    Pei
    So I found a temple audio trio pedal board with a strymon zuma power supply ,daisy chain , in and out and the ac adapter and a soft case for $500 cad about $390 usd and I was wondering if it’s a good deal. But the board looks to be in really good shape as well with the power supply A98E24C5-6E54-40C8-BE42-575857464C15.jpeg C4D6981B-B6ED-45E7-BEF4-514749D9B8AD.jpeg 23B37DC5-0677-46B2-BB80-C040E50161BB.jpeg just looking for some input before I pull the trigger.

MrWookiee likes this.
  2. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    You can buy a used Zuma for about $260. Temple Audio trio 21 on reverb is about $125. So its an ok deal. You will need to decide whether you want the temple style board.

3. JaredmacNeil90

JaredmacNeil90 Gretschie

Jan 19, 2021
    Pei
    Hmm I just figured all board where near the same ? Shows how much I know

4. JaredmacNeil90

JaredmacNeil90 Gretschie

Jan 19, 2021
    Pei
    And the price includes shipping from halfway across the country

5. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Pedaltrains and the like use rails; temple uses pores. They have their own mounting system which can get expensive, but you can mount however you like. A couple people here like @Synchro use it.

JaredmacNeil90 likes this.
  6. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    First I’d consider the size compared to what you need and the planned use. If it’s for playing out, you may not need every pedal you own and might want to size down for ease of traveling. For home it may not matter if you have lots of pedals or plan to expand unless your music room is small. And of course the power supply should be comparable to the board and amount of pedals, etc.

NJDevil and Waxhead like this.
  7. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    I’ve had Temple Audio boards and like them. This doesn’t feel like a great deal…..it’s okay.

MotorCentaur likes this.
  8. JaredmacNeil90

JaredmacNeil90 Gretschie

Jan 19, 2021
    Pei
    I mostly play at home and have a big walk in closet I use for my guitar stuff. And the power supply actually has enough spots to power wave of my pedals I have and and want for my board

Merc likes this.
  9. garagegods

garagegods Electromatic

Sep 30, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Dont use a pedal board at all, just plug guitar straight into the amp to each his own !

Shock likes this.
  10. Shock

Shock Gretschie

Sep 7, 2020
    Minnesota
    Which is cool. Everyone deserves their own sound. I am the same way.

garagegods likes this.
  11. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Most of the time, okay, i have a bitchin amp collection, but man, its cool to just turn the amp your playing into something else completely.
    I recently was fiendishly looking for a tweed Champ, i never kept one way back and i had as moment of clarity, why not get a pedal that can get that sound out of .......shoot, how bout my Twin Reverb?
    Nocturne El Pesco ordered;)
    I'll post my thoughts for sure

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  12. JaredmacNeil90

JaredmacNeil90 Gretschie

Jan 19, 2021
    Pei
    Tbh 9/10 I use my Mesa and every so often I get bored with the Mesa and I use the fender twin . Both are great amps but I can’t get the sound I’m looking for with my pedals it doesn’t take a whole lot to get it but the amp itself can’t do it

13. MotorCentaur

MotorCentaur Synchromatic

May 11, 2016
    Seattle
    I prefer to make my own boards. I configure the pedals I want to use into the most compact format possible, with the ones that will be switched on/off the most at the front. If one has a switching/routing system that part isn't as important. I use 1/2" Baltic Birch, primed and triple coated in Gloss Black Rustoleum oil based paint. I like to make it have enough of an angle to get the power supply on the underside. I drill enough holes to run the power cables. The pedals with are mounted with a friction fit from pieces of trim screwed to the base tight enough opposing sides of a pedal that you really have to tug on them to get them out.

Making the pedal board is part of the fun of the hobby, like drawing your logo, or building the perfect stack.

JaredmacNeil90 likes this.
  14. NJDevil

NJDevil Country Gent

Jul 9, 2014
    Commack, NY
    I was thinking of putting a pedal board together......I went from just a Wah and TS9(borrowed) and in less then 2 years, have acquired many....many types and many flavors. Do I need a board? Below I'm thinking out loud so read it when you get the chance and then ask if you really need/want a board?

Questions I asked? With all this "stuff" hooked up at once, which ones are true bypass vs. buffered, is there tone suck from something analog I don't know about, what is the right order, do I need a boost, do I need a buffer, aren't buffers and boosts kinda the same thing, an EQ is really a boost so do I need a buffer and boost, etc.....?

My first of many answers.....2 boards w/ a power supply for each: 1st board is for fuzz, distortion, overdrive and compressor running into the front of the amp. 2nd board is for modulation like reverb, delay and chorus running thru an FX loop in the amp (b'ween the amp's preamp and power). Then I have a Digitech Trio, a Vox Looper and a newly acquired Ditto Plus.

Final decision: 95% of playing is at home and still love going straight to the amp with no pedals at times so just take out what I need to play with at home that fits my mood and get to playing. No boosters or buffers and actually save space.

I now have 5 pedals with overdrive/distortion....1 more w/ fuzz. Each have their own flavor and will be running one into the other at times with modulation effects after it. Then there are the uni-vide-type, chorus, delay, reverb and more in the future. So I decided they all will be kept in 2 dresser drawers in my guitar room. Take out what I need to fit the mood, connect to power supply and that's it. Then when I am gigging, I will put board together with 6 pedals max or less. It will be on a mixer stand next to me vs. being at my feet. Weird? Probably but I like it.

Next year, I plan on recording some material as part of a project and will want to hookup what I need when I want but don't need them all in 1 place hooked-up to each other all of the time.

Merc and rockinforJesus like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.