PAUL!!!

Crooner

Friend of Fred
Apr 15, 2009
Boston
A picture tells a thousand words...

FENWAY.jpg

YES!!!!!

These seats started off at about $2000, but seeing as the show is Thursday night (AT FENWAY %$*&*#ING PARK), the seller had to get rid of the reserve. I got the pair for $350. Eighth row, just stage right. Going with my Dad, which is the coolest part of all. We've been to literally over a hundred Sox games at Fenway, but this is something else! Plus, this will be the first time he's ever seen McCartney.

I am psyched outa my mind! :D:eek::D

cookieman15061

Electromatic
Jul 13, 2009
pittsburgh
crooner, me and the wife are flying in for the wed. night show section 92. Praying it doesn't rain. Either way it will be a blast. This will be the third time seeing sir paul

Crooner

Friend of Fred
Apr 15, 2009
Boston
crooner, me and the wife are flying in for the wed. night show section 92. Praying it doesn't rain. Either way it will be a blast. This will be the third time seeing sir paul

Hey, cookie man,
it looks like you had good weather for your show. I got home a few hours ago from tonight's performance and I have to say it was incredible. Naturally, seeing McCartney anywhere automatically transports you into that "bigger than life" mindset, but the added fairy tale-like setting up Fenway Park put things over the top. I spent half the time totally engrossed in the music (wishing desperately that I had one of my duo Jets and my AC30 with me so I could play along) and the other half glancing over to my left and saying to myself, "That is THE F-holin' Green Monster RIGHT THERE!" There I was, listening to Paul McCartney sing, while sitting 20 yards from where Ted Williams played left field. Unreal!

For those unfamiliar with Fenway Park, the huge left-field wall is lovingly known as the Green Monster.

araT

Gretschified
Mar 24, 2009
Berlin, Germany
Awesome Darin! glad you had a great time, sounds like it was an incredible show - did you remember your camera? :D

How did your dad like it?

Crooner

Friend of Fred
Apr 15, 2009
Boston
Okay, it's time for some pics!
Some were taken with my iPhone and some were taken with my little Canon point-and-shoot. I also managed to record a fair bit of audio as well as a little video. I haven't listened to the audio yet and while the video looks great the sound is absolutely blasted out due to the fact that when Canon designed my dinky little camera they didn't take into account the possibility that I might want pristine sound recording capability. Jerks.

The overall atmosphere was fantastic. Everyone there, including the security, wore huge smiles, knowing what a special night this was. And yes, it's still amazes me how Paul can still hit all those notes at the age of 67 (I think that's how old he is - give or take a year). Including two encores he played for over three hours and the guys he has playing with him are, IMO, the best band he's ever had post-Beatles.

Enough talk!
IMG_0325.jpg
IMG_2305.jpg
IMG_0320.jpg
IMG_0423.jpg
IMG_0442.jpg

Crooner

Friend of Fred
Apr 15, 2009
Boston
The obligatory pyrotechnics:
IMG_0376.jpg

No idea who this wacko is:
IMG_0507.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

Brian Ray playing the only Gretsch of the night!
IMG_0418.jpg

The backline was a guitar player's dream. Divided by 13, 65's, a lot of Voxes, Mesa Boogies, and I think one or two Fender tweeds.

Redbone

Electromatic
Jul 18, 2009
San Antonio
We're all going to Dallas to catch the show...for those who don't know, the owner of our store has a local radio show he's been doing for 23 years on Sunday mornings called "Best of the Beatles" (90.1 in San Antonio). We have a "Cavern Club" in our store. Both Brian Ray and Rusty Anderson were at our store over the summer doing clinic/workshops.
HUGE Beatles connection here at Redbone.
Paul is amazing...

Falco

Electromatic
May 8, 2009
Belgium
The audio version of this concert can be found on this link:

http://www.shnflac.net/details.php?id=ac10f20d5cf842bf8f8581511fcc70d285a77604[/URL]

dan P

Country Gent
Jul 21, 2008
Kansas City
Guys, I think Im losing it, all I do anymore ( well not all) is throw the beatles at Ed Sullivan dvd on when I get home from work and watch and listen to four of the most talented lads in the universe....and of course the gretsch !! ( George) ....saw Wings in 76 in seattle...now that was a concert !