We don't see doctors in hospitals anymore. We see "healthcare providers" in "wellness centers"Divan. And the Metro.
You are either striving to write a Carlin routine, or play Andy Rooney in a movie adaptation.
“You ever wonder why…”
Truly the philosopher of the late 20th century. Good thing he's gone, because the amount of material from today would drive him over the edge of sanity.Carlin's take on veterans---
WW1 had shell shock
WW2 had battle fatigue
Nam and after had post traumatic stress disorder
He had a regular spouse.W. C. Fields used to talk about his son, "Chester", on his radio show.
He was unmarried, and had no kids.
His sponsor was Lucky Strikes.
There’s lots of old medical terms we don’t use any more:
dropsy (congestive heart failure)
Fuggedaboudit!* most of you played your guitars on the " porch " , I've played mine on the " stoop "
* my friends @audept and @Trash Kidd have probably taken the " underground " , I've taken the " subway "
* at 2pm Sunday dinner , I've been asked to pass the " sauce " .....or was it the " gravy "
* only a true city boy knows the definitions of " fagetabowdit " and " go ahead , see what happens "
* some of you take along an " electric torch " when you go camping , I pack a " flashlight "
* theres an " El " everywhere you look in The Bronx . I bet my friend @5120mantis knows what I'm talking about