Old Guy Deja Vu

MonteSS

Electromatic
Apr 9, 2022
Quinte West, Ont, Can
After a 5 year absence, Gretsch-less I'm lurking now. In '14 I bought a 6119 Tenn Rose and fell in love with that 'Gretsch Sound' It does exist and is not just a saying perpetuated by Gretsch players. I made a decision, in August 2016, to sell my beloved Tenn Rose to help fund the purchase of a 1986 Monte Carlo SS. I will ask a question about Electromatics and selling an amp in the days to come..

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 23, 2010
tappan ny
Welcome friend . Gretch-less ???? We will not hear of this ;).....check out the " for sale " section here on the forum . I can tell you that member @LA Miles is a stand up guy and has a great guitar for sale

Randy99CL

Country Gent
Feb 17, 2020
Albuquerque
Welcome!
The Electromatics are fantastic guitars and probably get you the most for your money. Lots of body styles and sizes, lots of different pickups, lots of colors and finishes.
And for some of us the E series leaves enough in the bank to collect some others. There is not only one fantastic Gretsch sound!

Ricochet

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Nov 13, 2009
Monkey Island
Welcome to Gretsch-Talk. Electromatics have established themselves as great mid tier instruments since Gretsch introduced the Streamliner as their budget line.

Krampus_CT

Electromatic
Mar 18, 2022
East Hampton, CT
I was Gretsch-less for about 5 yrs, really dark times, shudder to even think about it. Thank the gods those days are over. By the way, Electromatics are better than ever, good luck!

Dana Rudd

Country Gent
Nov 26, 2019
Greybull, WY
Hello @MonteSS and welcome to G-T, good of you to join. Lots of choices for a Gretsch to buy. Electromatics are nice guitars with a lot of bang for the buck. The Prolines you already know about. If you can find a store with both models and check them out. Good luck on the search.