OK Talk Me Into Buying Truetone 1 Spot Pro CS6 Tavo Called Me Out

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by rcboals, Jul 1, 2021.

1. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    Sandy Eggo
    damn skippy meme.jpg

rcboals and ruger9 like this.
  2. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    I think I have 3 or 4 pedals on the daisy chain . Hope the link and photo help
    https://truetone.com/cs12/

Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 3.32.21 AM.png

ruger9 likes this.
  3. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    thunder58 likes this.
  4. rockinforJesus

rockinforJesus Country Gent

Nov 7, 2014
    Upstate New York
    20ACC1C4-F94B-4755-8D84-A741B13B5FEF.jpeg
    Daisy chaining drive pedals works just fine. Time based effects not so much. You can use this with your power supply to power additional pedals.

gtttrrr and TV the Wired Turtle like this.
  5. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    Sandy Eggo
    be sure to predicate that you know the total mA (milli-amps) of all pedals used in that daisy chain so that they do not exceed the ports max. As well, even if they arent digital some pedals can create hum, crackle and hiss being attached to
    the same ground, hence the sweetness of each port having its own isolation transformer to create clean power. caveat: Ive never had any prob stick several overdrives on one daisy in a pwr blocks port :)

Merc and rockinforJesus like this.
  6. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    Cool,,, 12 is about where I’m at, but there always seems to be “one more” that you wanna fit. :cool::rolleyes::)

Merc likes this.
  7. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    I’ve daisy chained in the past with no issues, but I don’t have any problem with believing that it could cause problems. These Truetone Power Supplies are great, come at a reasonable price and the CS-6 is about as slim as they come.

8. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    Sandy Eggo
    I know you though.. you get ground loops, you get not plugging your amp and your pedalboard into one power strip on stage with one conduit. You get not plugging into the same conduit w an internet router. You get not plugging your amp in next to your laptop. :) You also are not prone to licking 9v batteries for the garlic taste or chewing alum foil. :)

9. Synchro

Synchro The artist formerly known as: Synchro Staff Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Tucson
    Admin Post
    What the heck am I supposed to do next time I run out of garlic, and with the price of chewing gum, aluminum foil is a budgetary matter. :)

I’m big on electrical isolation, and just because you can get away with daisy chaining power at home doesn’t protect you from the mother of all headaches when you get to a gig. I sometimes think that venues use special electricians that know how to do some crazy stuff, which is guaranteed in writing to mess up musical gear. The one I love the most is the huge stage with one 15 amp outlet way off in the corner and it isn’t grounded. Then the provide a PA which is wired on the opposite leg of the 240, so every time you touch the mic’ you get walloped.

ruger9 likes this.
  10. ruger9

ruger9 Country Gent

Nov 1, 2008
    NJ
    I daisy chain at home. Sometimes off a isolated port (Pedal Power). Sometimes with a One-Spot. It usually works, but there's usually ONE pedal that doesn't like it. I would never daisy chain on a gig.

If the CS12 is cheaper than the PP2+, I'll be looking into it the next time I'm PS shopping...

11. bhatta

bhatta Gretschie

Jun 29, 2020
    Bangalore
    I am currently PS shopping. Thanks for this thread.
    Am using a supposedly isolated Caline Power, Chinese set.
    With the new Amp it's super noisy.
    After an hours sweat Main culprit was a cheapo Rowin tuner I am using. But the Boss's, Dunlop and Ehx doesn't like the Caline or maybe my amp either!

1 spot's are available here but is it really necessary to spend so much on a power supply :eek:
    But I have no choice, I can't stand that buzz/hum whatever you call it, it's just noise, ear bleeding noise:confused:
    Current pedals:
    Rowin Tuner
    Dunlop GCB95
    Boss BD2
    Little Big Muff
    Boss RC3

Want to add:
    Ehx Nano 360 to replace RC3 or add to it
    MXR Carbon Copy, had one, stupidly sold it:mad: or a EHX Memory Toy

Maybe a EHX Holy Grail Nano sometime down the line...
    Yes, I quiet like EHX pedals:p

Enablers for the PS:rolleyes:

12. ruger9

ruger9 Country Gent

Nov 1, 2008
    NJ
    The Caline's are not truly isolated I don't think. I bought one to try, returned it within 5 minutes. That's when I decided to just spend the big bucks on Voodoo Labs. No regrets.

13. stevo

stevo Friend of Fred

May 1, 2012
    Atlanta
    I'm not as worried about isolated vs. non isolated if they're clean. I'd be more worried about switching noise creeping through. Transformer based supplies don't have that issue. It's not as big a deal as it used to be, but seemed that about one in a dozen pedals or so didn't do well with switching noise.

14. Tele295

Tele295 Country Gent

I think you know exactly why!

15. ruger9

ruger9 Country Gent

Nov 1, 2008
    NJ
    Building a new board, and this is the one I'm going with. Shouldn't have to daisy chain anything, or use any wall warts since it's got two 500ma outputs.

thunder58 likes this.
  16. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    This is what I call action and result. All seriousness aside.

But getting serious again there are way more people who do not understand emf or electrical noise than there are that do. They just know something is making a hum. Just have to love an old fluorescent light over a sensitive Guitar.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.