Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by hawiian2, Jan 17, 2021.
My '79 strat.....it is my go to guitar the tone is marvelous......if you can bear the weight.
I've never really been a strat guy, played Charvel/Jacksons in my hard rock youth, then went straight to a tele. But since the 80's was a huge part of my playing, I HAD to have a superstrat, so I bought a Fender MIM and did some modding....
I'm a one-Strat guy.
In my case, a Fender Classic Series 50's Stratocaster (MIM 2003). I've owned 4 or 5 cheaper ones (MIM Fender Standard, and MIK and Indonesian Squiers, USA Peavey Predator) over the years, and this is a good upgraded match for me.
I have owned at least 25 Strats over the years. I am down to just two. The black one is an Eric Johnson. The sunburst is a very early 1982 JV (Japan Vintage) which is sort of a reissue of a '62 Strat. It is an Export model Branded as Fender and on the tip of the headstock denoted as "Squier Series".
LOVE MY PINK!!!
Here I go. I'm not much of a photographer but I love my Strats. I should. I made my living with one for much of my adult life. It was flawlessly reliable and sounded great every night. It never once let me down.
1. 1973 Strat. I bought it new and she is still with me.
2. My oldest to my newest. American Professional II - I simply loved the colour, LOL
3. American Performer in Lake Placid Blue. Did I mention I love blue Strats?
4. Classic Player 50's in Daphne Blue
5. American Deluxe Strat. I also love the Sienna Sunburst finish.
6. Custom Strat. Sienna Burst
7. American Special FSR Walnut. This one has an amazing neck.
8. 70's Reissue Strat - Natural
9. Lite Ash Strat customized. Duncan pickups stock
Continued on next post...
10. American Rustic Ash - another great neck.
11. Custom Black w/ebony board, Vineham pickups.
12. Custom P90 Strat with Vineham pickups
13. Custom Green Burst - Duncan pickups
OK. Not really a Strat but a couple of kissing cousins too.
G&L American Comanche
EBMM Albert Lee
Another EBMM Albert Lee MM90. This one was purchased off the man himself!
And here's the original pickguard for it.
And when you thought it couldn't get sillier, I have a Vintera 50's Roadworn inbound with a laquer finish. Gorgeous! Might be a few more weeks yet though.
You can't have so many strats, and then say only one to play. I thought this was a GRETSCH site?
Badass as a 64 g with blue highlights? pure rockabilly. You really need to find a strat fest
83 Revised Edition
MIM LPB strat (1995) that I bought used a couple years ago. I've been pleased with it.