Oh Goody…Guitar Center Gear Consultant

pmac11

Country Gent
Mar 4, 2018
Toronto, Ontario
Just got two emails and a voicemail from my new Guitar Center Gear Consultant. I finally have a friend!!!
Ask him stuff like "What's the fx loop voltage on my insert obscure amp name here?" or "How can this be a 25W amp when 2 EL84s can't do that?". See how long they keep calling. :)

blueruins

Country Gent
May 28, 2013
Savannah, GA
Seems to be working for Sweetwater
Me and my “friend” from Sweetwater had a falling out when I accidentally ordered the XL version of a Jazz III pick.
He called to ask how I liked my purchase and I explained my mistake to him and asked if they had the smaller size.

“Oh, I’m not sure” was his reply.

….

….

“Alright man thanks for checking on me”

He thanked me and the led me to contact him if I needed anything in the future. I assume he meant anything but smaller size Jazz III picks🤷🏻‍♂️

Runamok

Country Gent
Ask him stuff like "What's the fx loop voltage on my insert obscure amp name here?" or "How can this be a 25W amp when 2 EL84s can't do that?". See how long they keep calling. :)
They are sales engineers, after all.
They engineer —> sales.

Though I won’t begrudge them a title. After all, no one has employees any longer, they have known associates.

Texas Slim

Electromatic
Jul 30, 2011
Dorchester
I have a "rep", I guess you'd call him, from Sweetwater. He never calls, but I occasionally receive sales advertisements. He has actually been quite helpful in getting me discounts.
Mine called & woke me up day before yesterday to ask about the Jazz III picks i'd bought last month. Never missed a beat when i told him i was waiting on a used Gretsch to arrive from G.C. Used, just so very happy about everything...
i am not a morning person...

stevo

Friend of Fred
May 1, 2012
Atlanta
Glad you guys are enjoying all my calls and e-mails and texts. Just thought you’d need some company.

Lou Coppolino

Gretschie
Jul 23, 2022
Howell, NJ
Many moons ago, I had a manager GC connection.

I'd be advised of cool gear before it hits the floor or when someone gets a record company advance and spends more than they have on a one off/special order.

I bought a one off green sparkle Gretsch G 6129 for $500.00 (the balance needed).

Desirsar

Gretschie
Jun 9, 2021
Lincoln, NE
I think I'd have better luck trying to use the lesson coordinator or my teacher (both of whom look to be half my age) to find out when new gear comes in at Guitar Center.

Sweetwater loves to do follow up calls on purchases, but I avoid answering because I'm go into a rant about how they don't stock certain brands or no one seems to make hardware with the exact combination of features I want even ignoring budget. (And to that latter point, eventually I'm going to convince my engineer guitarist to start actually designing gear as a side thing.)

Sabato

Country Gent
Mar 22, 2019
Massachusetts
They are sales engineers, after all.
They engineer —> sales.

Though I won’t begrudge them a title. After all, no one has employees any longer, they have known associates.
Old friend of mine was once working for a company that fell on hard times. He was called to a meeting where they said, "You guys that were senior software engineers, well, now you're just guys..."

Latest posts