Octoberfest!

Discussion in 'Fred's Barcalounge' started by gtttrrr, Sep 19, 2020.

1. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    My favorite time of the year, when you can sit outside without sweating, and wondering “am I screwing up my acoustic playing in this heat?”. Love the true Bavarian Octoberfest Biers as well, having one of my faves, Paulaner today on the patio, at 71 deg here in southern Indiana, doesn’t get much better than this. Please share your favorite Octoberfest Biers as well! PROST! DBA9FE86-FFEB-410B-A5D4-C6F13235F7CB.jpeg

2. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    OK, we’ll add a Bristol night race on the patio to seal the deal. Good times. BB0877B0-D0DA-43C9-B0E5-73B5DB8F701D.jpeg

3. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Where in Southern Indiana are you? Anything south of US 24 is southern Indiana. Considering that German is the most common nationality in the Hoosier state, your Paulaner makes sense. Still, I prefer a nice English Bass ale, Canadian LaBatt's , or Polish Zywiec. Na Zdrowie!

4. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    I’m as far southwest as you can get, Evansville. Huge German influx in our area. My travels to Austria and German states have spoiled me for really good true Bavarian brews, Paulaner is one of the best offered in our area. Have had the true at Haufbrauhouse in Munich, it still offers as well as we can find here.

5. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    As an Aussie I can say that any reason to have a tall cold beer is a good one!:cool:

gtttrrr likes this.
  6. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    Long and short of it, I prefer Bavarian brews over English any day. It’s a taste thing, surely, but I find English beers lacking in body and taste.

7. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

Want body and taste? Get a Guinness!

I no longer drink beer, have to spare my stomach, but I make exceptions from time to time for a Guinness. On tap, of course.

8. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    I'm from the opposite end of the state---South Bend. The NW corner of the state has a huge Polish population.

9. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    On tap is the only way I’ll have a Guinness:). The taste just isn’t captured packaged.

JeffreyLeePierre likes this.
  10. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
    Been up your way a few times, brother lived out in the boonies in Roanoke (Fort Wayne) for quite a few years, nice out that way.

11. wabash slim

wabash slim Gretschified

Feb 10, 2010
    lafayette in
    Best thing about Fort Wayne is Sweetwater! I lived 15 miles from Lake Michigan in the heart of serious snow country. What you get in inches, we get in feet. Now, I'm in Lafayette---Purdue land!

gtttrrr likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.