NUGD - Impulsive Tele GAS

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
I loved my Tele I got last year but the GAS kicked in when I heard people rave about Logan guitars.....one-man shop out of Wisconsin and had been looking at his page knowing I did NOT need another guitar. Then I noticed the stock he had for sale on his page started getting less and found a used one for sale.

22 medium jumbo frets, 9.5 radius, C shape, 1-11/16” nut, Satin Nitro finished maple neck with SD Broadcaster pickups. Swamp ash body but I'm guessing a spalted maple veneer top or maybe a top....the only unknown. I called, got the price down a bit and said why not. Yup, completely blind purchase but I know these are the width I like at the nut (1 11/16") and the was told chunky "C" profile so I pulled the trigger. In Excellent condition (you can see a blemish on the top horn, and another small one towards the back) but no fret wear.

Really chunky LP-esque neck (a little over .90" at the 1st fret, 1" thick at the 12th). I've had it now for 2 weeks and only needed to tune it once. Also came with the SKB case and for a price half of what they are going for new. Logan Tele 1.jpg Logan Tele 2.jpg

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
Sure is sweet looking with that top! I see the flame but I don’t know if it’s spalted. But maybe on the upper side. There are so many different varieties out there. Since it’s a one man shop, send the builder a photo and he could probably tell you for sure. Looks killer either way so enjoy the new guitar.

NJDevil

Country Gent
Jul 9, 2014
Commack, NY
Sure is sweet looking with that top! I see the flame but I don’t know if it’s spalted. But maybe on the upper side. There are so many different varieties out there. Since it’s a one man shop, send the builder a photo and he could probably tell you for sure. Looks killer either way so enjoy the new guitar.
Yeah, it really isn't spalted I guess but certainly different than the swamp ash grain. I don't know much about woods....maybe high-level stuff like density and standard properties but that's about it.

I emailed him and with the serial #, he confirmed the the swamp ash body but most of his builds are plain tops or a bit of sparkle and nitro lacquer. This top is really different so I'm curious. The neck plus the pickups really make this a gem. I didn't need it but zero buyer's remorse!:)

ruger9

Country Gent
Nov 1, 2008
NJ
That's gorgeous bro!! If it were mine, I'd do a white pearloid guard, but I love pearloid on everything LOL

Congrats! Hope things smooth over with the wife in relatively short time...

mbkri

Country Gent
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 22, 2012
Chicago
I went straight to his website last night after I saw your post and I built myself a custom Tele from his options. Marvelous. Then I remembered I just bought a Nash Tele last month and IM NOT BUYING ANY MORE GUITARS!!!!
But it was a fun website and seemed like great prices so long as you keep your eye on the extras.