NSSFPNPBD

calebaaron666

Friend of Fred
Aug 15, 2018
Auburn, Maine
New Stainless Steel Frets, Pickup, Nut, and Pinned Bridge Day!

Had a very skilled Luthier do some much needed work on my White Falcon.
I’m very pleased with the work so far.

Medium stainless steel frets so I’ll never have to worry about them again!
Newly cut bone nut
TV Jones T-Armond front pickup
(Keeping the HS Filtertron in the bridge)
Pinned the bridge

Action is super low, but there’s nary a buzz.
Every note rings out clearly.
Plays better than it ever has.
3ACDDDBF-FB0A-4328-848B-C54A54315E18.jpeg
E4DEF44C-DA94-4E65-8480-CD85273B3D00.jpeg
AE812203-3B9C-4A03-B9CA-BA12DE2857DC.jpeg
337E1A40-C8B8-4663-97DE-B71C2E7D5F44.jpeg

Thanx for looking!

BrianW

Country Gent
Oct 21, 2014
Vancouver Island
Yeah man. I now have 2 Gretschs and an Esquire with ss frets. I wore the original frets on the Falcon down to unplayability. It’s a relief knowing I’ll never have to worry about them again.
Exactly... Not sure I would want to install or work on ss frets myself as just a hobbiest; but certainly would want them if I was going to a pro.

cheers

TV the Wired Turtle

Gretschified
Jul 25, 2009
Sandy Eggo
So true!
I figure it’s only $100 more to get SS. If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing right!

It improves the guitars sound for sure, and they dont wear out like the regular frets. I squeeze the heck out of the neck and wear the usual suspects out w divets in a years time. Not stainless :) :) That looks fantastic btw and I love that brass bridge. I need one in 9.5 w that patina!!

calebaaron666

Friend of Fred
Aug 15, 2018
Auburn, Maine
It improves the guitars sound for sure, and they dont wear out like the regular frets. I squeeze the heck out of the neck and wear the usual suspects out w divets in a years time. Not stainless :) :) That looks fantastic btw and I love that brass bridge. I need one in 9.5 w that patina!!
Yeah, I’m the same way and I wore the original frets to uselessness. Deep valleys in cowboy chord territory and flat-earth the rest of the way up the neck from ape-man bends.
I had ss frets put in my 1995 6120 in 2020, and as soon as I tried it, I knew the Falcon would get them when the time came.

The bridge is a brass dBridge on an ebony base. It’s outstanding. I usually have tru-arcs on my Gretschs, but I didn’t like them on the Falcon for whatever reason (I tried ss, aluminum, and brass).

calebaaron666

Friend of Fred
Aug 15, 2018
Auburn, Maine
Great choices all around. How you liking that neck pickup?
I love it, man. Duane Eddy tone with the flick of a switch!
I had a T-armond neck pickup paired with a Classic Plus in my 5420T, and I loved the variety.
I kept the HS bridge pickup here, and they balance really well. The middle position still sounds great.

Stefan87

Country Gent
May 20, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
Congrats on getting the Falcon in prestine playing condition, will echo what you and Tavo say about stainless frets, had them on a schecter and thought they were great, so glad it turned out great for you.

mrfixitmi

Country Gent
Mar 20, 2010
Michigan
Congratulations and beautiful work. I give any luthier extra credit for the patience to work with SS frets. They certainly are hard on the tooling.

Thanks for sharing!