NSD

Discussion in 'Technical Side of Things' started by GlenP, Jul 22, 2021.

1. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    69B89FC8-B32A-4B6A-9A75-11FD889C229B.jpeg New Stool/Stand combo Day! And I get to try it out tonight at a gig! Comfy seat with back folds up and has a stowable guitar holder when you take a break. Low enough to reach a foot pedal and upright enough to hold a guitar in your lap with a foot on the rest. Not very adjustable, but it fits me well enough. We’ll see how I still feel about if after playing 2 1/2 hours tonight. A lot more comfy than sitting on my amp!

2. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Looks sweet and a great idea. Does the guitar stand swing up? It looks like it might. I’d hate to trip on it while on stage.

GlenP likes this.
  3. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Elegant luxury. Nice find! Let us know how it handles your gig .. good luck!

GlenP likes this.
  4. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    Thanks! Yes the guitar cradle swings up and out of the way of your feet when you are sitting on it. Pretty neat design, I think by the Gator folks.

Jerzey Bob likes this.
  5. Jerzey Bob

Jerzey Bob Gretschie

Apr 3, 2021
    North Jersey
    I looked at these when getting a stand for Bessie. I went w/ a standard stand because it had a keeper for the neck. I'm still thinking about one tho, how's the height for playing on the leg?

GlenP likes this.
  6. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    They have a different model with no back that does have a retainer for the neck that slides out of the way. The seat is very comfy, no problems after 2 1/2 hours. My bass player has one also and really likes it. I would still use a strap but the seat and foot rest is about right for me for lap guitar playing.

we were pretty much done, but decided to play one more and give this one a try that we just started working on:

loudnlousy and Jerzey Bob like this.
  7. GlenP

GlenP Country Gent

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    Also, the one without a back can be reversed and has two different height foot rests, so that one might work for a shorter person with a slightly higher footrest.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.