NSCVJM day!

wildeman

I Bleed Orange
May 10, 2015
norcal
Got me one of these scooters when they first came out (not 1959,nerds:D) and had to sell or trade it? for some reason, can't remember....
Here's my new beauty! These are great guitars that really don't need anything extra. 20211203_201313.jpg 20211203_201329.jpg 20211203_202237.jpg
I like that big old knot in the back alot!:rolleyes:

wildeman

I Bleed Orange
May 10, 2015
norcal
Bonus on this one, someone's already set it up to play, Mustang saddles and all, JM's can be fiddly to get right and its nice that its already done on this. It also looks like N.O.S. i cant find a flaw on it. Its playing real nice with roundwound 10s on it! My habit is to put flat 12s on a JM straight away, ima let these set a bit.

stevo

Friend of Fred
May 1, 2012
Atlanta
This guy is why i even liked JMs in the first place, true story...

I loved this guy. From the Wiki: "He died after suffering an ultimately fatal concussion in a fall at his home, just nine days short of his 86th birthday. After his death, his daughters Yvonne and Mavis gave one of his guitars to country and gospel musician Marty Stuart".

This is a favorite of mine:

Sorry, I digress. This was about a new guitar - congrats!

wildeman

I Bleed Orange
May 10, 2015
norcal
I loved this guy. From the Wiki: "He died after suffering an ultimately fatal concussion in a fall at his home, just nine days short of his 86th birthday. After his death, his daughters Yvonne and Mavis gave one of his guitars to country and gospel musician Marty Stuart".

This is a favorite of mine:

Sorry, I digress. This was about a new guitar - congrats!

Oh, lets digress.

Last edited:

wildeman

I Bleed Orange
May 10, 2015
norcal
Congrats. Mine needed a ton of set up when I got it, but it's now my favorite. Probably shouldn't say that on the Gretsch forum.
View attachment 171970
Well, it is the Gretschiest Fender they made.
This one was used, not much though, so i think its previous owner or the shop set it up. I may shim the neck later to get the action a bit lower but it plays pretty good now, and of course i wouldn't turn down a AVRI vibrato.

Last edited:

Latest posts