NPD!

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by wildeman, Jan 13, 2022 at 5:54 PM.

1. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Looky what the mailman just brought me! Brand spankin new Nocturne El Pescadoro, woohoo.... 20220113_144506.jpg i been wanting a Jr B for days and probably will still get one but this thing with its awesome reverb is something else! Gotta go mess with it, got 15 min in so far and im in love.
    @TV the Wired Turtle , you knocked it outta the park with this one, thanks man.

Marv666, audept, Mellowcat and 23 others like this.
  2. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Okay, got some time in now! Killer, tomorrow i try it through an amp:D
    All headphones so far, thats what i been doing alot lately, i just stuck it before the Brain, Morley, Memphis Sun and OBNE headphone amp and enjoyed, there's a hell of alot of good noise in that combo;)
    I guess i should explain that setup, the Morley JD10 is all kinds of things but its mostly a badass amp emulator, kinda Sansampy, i have it set as a kinda AC30 sound, the headphone amp is pretty neutral, sounds like a board pre, so those two get me my basic amp tone and y'all can figure out the rest.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022 at 9:19 PM
  3. nickurso

nickurso Gretschified

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    Congratulations that’s my favorite pedal

4. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I get it now! I should've bought two:D, one would be on the board and the other wouldn't leave the house.

nickurso likes this.
  5. nickurso

nickurso Gretschified

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    I have two lol

Merc, pmac11 and wildeman like this.
  6. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Best pedal EVER ! Congrats

wildeman likes this.
  7. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    There's one on Reverb right now but its the same color as mine, still tempted! I'll probably wait for a new color scheme though i do love the color of this one, reminds me of ancient studio gear, like a old Altec preamp.

nickurso likes this.
  8. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Congrats on finally picking one up! They sound killer. When you get your second one… my votes for a different color to better tell them apart.

That’s such a great looking classic Atomic Brain as well. :)

wildeman likes this.
  9. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Thanks, that was my first Brain, it really is beautiful, rootbeer most of the time but shines green in the right light! These old one's are all hand done so grab one if you can, i got this some years ago here on the forum, got another one too;)
    The stuff i love, that becomes essential, i like to have at least two of.

Merc and Marv666 like this.
  10. gtttrrr

gtttrrr Country Gent

Dec 7, 2011
    United States
  11. nickurso

nickurso Gretschified

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    I have an original and the beer and blood red one or whatever the color was

12. J Bird

J Bird Synchromatic

Congratulations, I see that there is a blue and white one on Reverb.

I just got my second Brain (Mystery) thinking it would replace my Atomic Brain. Instead, I ended up having two Brains, always on, both a smidgen above unity gain. In my case it works well because they each have their own voice. The Atomic is deeper and fuller, it controls the bass. The Mystery is clearer, it controls the treble. Mind you, they are the same, just ever so slightly different.

13. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I just saw the one like mine, its gone now. I'll just get another new one from Tavo when im ready, maybe a JrB. There's basically no price drop for used anyway.

J Bird likes this.
  14. Mellowcat

Mellowcat Gretschie

Aug 22, 2013
    VA
    Congratulations. I bought the same version around Thanksgiving. I love it.

wildeman likes this.
  15. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Have you messed with the internal trim pot at all? Im digging the preset tones and ive been able to use all my (well most, too many to try all) electrics through it with great results, even the Jazzmaster! It really is a special pedal huh?;)

nickurso likes this.
  16. nickurso

nickurso Gretschified

Dec 24, 2012
    New Orleans la.
    I haven’t messed with the internal trim I probably should but it sounds so go like it is I hate to mess with it

wildeman likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.