NPD...

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by pmac11, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    You sure can. I believe I recall Tavo expressing in a thread he feels he painted himself in the corner with the rockabilly thing. And to anyone else reading this who hasn’t tried one, it’s really way more versatile than that.

2. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Friend of Fred

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I hear ya! It’s just the coolest machine when used right.
    I’m not even playing Rockabilly these days. Lately I’ve been using it for long delays into another delay pedal for slapback. Long repeats into a slap is really cool. Makes for weird double repeats.

pmac11 and Bertotti like this.
  3. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Lol...I think it only appears that way..no one ever posts "Pedal Sold Day" or "Pedal Traded Day". So it only ever appears that we're accumulating. Not so. At the moment I have eight pedals, and not all of them on my board at any time.

Keeley Compressor Plus
    NocturneMystery Brain
    Keeley Red Dirt Mini
    Nocturne Junior Barnyard
    BYOC FA1 FET

TC Electronic Flashback
    TC Electronic Pipeline Trem
    Boss RV 5

LivingMyDream likes this.
  4. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Congrats

pmac11 likes this.
  5. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Pretty cool pedal. The front end is an Atomic Brain, which by itself has enough je ne sais quoi to qualify as an 'always on' effect. The back half is an simulated tape delay with range from rockabilly to early U2, and a switchable, simulated warble with speed and depth controls. Lots of different sounds in this well made blue box, from early 50s to jarring psychedelia. So far I've got the delay set as a very mild slapback, with the tape warble depth and speed set around 9 o'clock. Gives a slightly thicker, slightly watery tone. Great for a clean Tele.
    Maybe that can be a whole new thread...share your MB settings.

db62 and Bertotti like this.
  6. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I know you’ve got bit figured out by now. But for anyone else reading and not understanding the Effects Loop jack portion... I just noticed Tavo posted this today explaining it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CF0UDF8nlmJ/

Henry and Bertotti like this.
  7. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    It seems the loop is often misunderstood and or connected incorrectly. But it is so very useful!

Merc likes this.
  8. pmac11

pmac11 Country Gent

Mar 4, 2018
    Toronto, Ontario
    Now that I'm holding one of these cables in my hands, that makes a a lot more sense!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.