NPD!!

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by TubeLife, May 12, 2020.

1. TubeLife

TubeLife Gretschie

Jan 23, 2020
    Chicagoland
    Just received a Torpedo C.A.B from Two Notes today used. It’s an amp and speaker cab IR emulator. So far with the limited time I’ve had to mess around with it, I dig it!

I got it primarily to silent record in my little home studio late late night. I’m looking forward to utilizing this to the fullest, creating my own IR’s as I have a lot of different cabs and speakers.

My signal chain so far is, Guitar, pedal board->74’ Bassman head ->Fryette PS2 as a load box->Torpedo->Pro Tools.

If anyone else has experience with these, feel free to chime in on how you’re using it, live, recording etc.

30689E04-0819-4159-B8F6-3A0ECC263DC7.jpeg 0432E33D-F0F5-4D22-A580-4A0C64623E95.jpeg

Sabato and Waxhead like this.
  2. Hammerhands

Hammerhands Country Gent

Aug 26, 2011
    Winnipeg
    I've got a CAB-M.

One thing someone suggested to me was plugging a bass guitar straight into it. That works ok, depending on which power amp and cab you use. A very realistic room. If you set the mic to the back of the room you can almost see yourself playing on stage.

I'm having a lot of trouble with load boxes, guitar->distortion unit->Bassman->CABM->load box. It all sounds very fiizzy with my distortion unit. I have a Suhr and a Weber load box. If you move the CABM after the load box it is worse, using the headphone output on the Weber [without the Torpedo] is extreme. I haven't had a chance to try it with just a speaker.

Oh, I think that is one of the differences between the CABM and the CAB, you can put the CABM between the amp and load box, that and it doesn't have MIDI.

I'm going to try guitar->distortion unit->CABM, maybe this week, and maybe other distortions.

There may be more going on with their files than just IR.

I only bought the Super Reverb IR. I think I like the Vibroverb? best for guitar, the Fat Mama and Fat Papa for bass.

I'm very interested in trying acoustic guitar IRs.

I also have a Mooer Radar and I recently bought an Iconoclast that I haven't tried yet.

I bought custom speaker cables! 1.5' and 3'.

TubeLife likes this.
  3. TubeLife

TubeLife Gretschie

Jan 23, 2020
    Chicagoland
    Ok, yeah I’m not familiar with the newer version you have, but I’m not getting any issues running the amp-load box-torpedo-Daw. I’m not using distortion per se but definitely a lot of drive. Thanks for the info!

I got plenty of time to figure it out!

4. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    Congrats - please give us a review after you've given it a good workout and compared against your real cabs :)

TubeLife likes this.
  5. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Congratulations , love the studio

TubeLife likes this.
  6. TubeLife

TubeLife Gretschie

Jan 23, 2020
    Chicagoland
    There’s nothing like an actual speaker moving air, but this is very cool to get ideas for songs started late at night.

I’m recording a song now and I’m gonna use it for all guitar parts and see how it goes. I haven’t recorded anything in 10yrs! Life and family take up time (in the best of ways) and I finally got a replacement Apple G5, ready to roll!

Waxhead likes this.
  7. TubeLife

TubeLife Gretschie

Jan 23, 2020
    Chicagoland
    Thank you sir!! Little messy but functions

thunder58 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice