NPD: T-Armonds in a Pro Jet - lots of smiles

Discussion in 'The Pickup Place' started by Anacharsis, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Anacharsis

Anacharsis Gretschie

Aug 16, 2019
    United States
    I've had TV Jones T-Armonds in my black 5435T for a little over a week now. I could rattle of a list of words that describe sound, but I'd just be using the cliches already worn so well. These pickups really do deliver, and I especially love them through my JC-40. I'm looking forward to experimenting with a fuzz box to get something really new to my ears.

I'll also say that the Pro Jets (I put a Power'Tron neck and Power'Tron Plus bridge in another one) have proven to be really good guitars at the heart of it. They feel great to me, and the strengths of the different pickups really shine through. The tech and I both found no high fret issues, and the guitars just play and sound great.

Anyone else drop some T-Armonds into a Pro Jet? What do you play it through?

2. new6659

new6659 Country Gent

Could you share a picture of that? I'd love to see how that turned out.

Merc and Marv666 like this.
  3. michelb

michelb Gretschie

Mar 27, 2020
    Belgium
    Pictures please :D I'd love to have a jet with T-armonds as well :D seems like a perfect marriage.

Marv666 likes this.
  4. ruger9

ruger9 Country Gent

Nov 1, 2008
    NJ
    I L-O-V-E-D T-Armonds in my thinline Cabronita. I did swap them out for Rio Grande BBQ Trons (I've tried alot of pickups in this guitar, it's been fun), but am keeping the TAs... because they will likely end up back in this guitar, for good. they are outstanding pickups, probably my favorite pickups TVJ makes.

Anacharsis and Marv666 like this.
  5. Anacharsis

Anacharsis Gretschie

Aug 16, 2019
    United States
  6. Fredo

Fredo Synchromatic

Jan 18, 2010
    Georgia, USA
    I had T-Armonds put into my Pro Jet. My review is here somewhere. I find them muscular and authoritative. The bridge doesn't sound thin at all. The neck is a little too thin but I can always crank the bass on my amp. Maybe they'd sound fuller on a hollowbody. I'm waiting to hear about putting a 1 meg pot in the master volume. Someone here was thinking of doing that. I'd like the T-Armonds to be a little brighter. Overall, though, I think they're great.

7. Anacharsis

Anacharsis Gretschie

Aug 16, 2019
    United States
    Here they are:

TA-Jet1.jpg

TA-Jet2.jpg

TA-Jet3.jpg

Call it a poor man's Harrison.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    michelb, Dave-B, Groutsch and 5 others like this.
  8. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    Very nicely done, I don't have T-Armonds but do have dynas and love them.

Anacharsis likes this.
  9. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Friend of Fred

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Very cool.
    Those look great!

I have T-armonds in my 5420T.
    It’s not my go-to guitar, but it’s my go-to when I need and want that sound!

Jeff67 and Anacharsis like this.
  10. Jeff67

Jeff67 Country Gent

Nov 3, 2019
    Crockett, Texas
    No experience with the T- armonds, but I'm gonna pick up one of the Pro Jets with minis and drop my DeArmond 2Ks in it one of these days...

Anacharsis likes this.
  11. Groutsch

Groutsch Gretschie

Jun 9, 2018
    Maryland, US
    Were you able to drop those T-Armonds into the Pro Jet, or did you have to carve some wood or make custom mounting hardware? I might attempt the job if it's easy enough.

Kitvin713 likes this.
  12. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Synchromatic

Nov 26, 2019
    Greybull, WY
    You did a fine looking job on that one. They just seem to add a little grace to the Jet.
    Enjoy the sound of your new pickups.

Anacharsis likes this.
  13. Anacharsis

Anacharsis Gretschie

Aug 16, 2019
    United States
    Direct drop in using the T.V. Jones adapter, although I had a tech do it while he was also doing a setup.

Groutsch likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.