NPD: Strymon Mobius!

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by audept, Feb 11, 2013.

1. audept

audept Senior Gretsch-Talker

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Just arrived this morning, my new Strymon Mobius pedal. I was running out of room on my pedalboard, so I decided to sell off my various modulation pedals (Chorus, Phaser, Tremolo, Mojo Vibe) and replace them with one modulation unit that will do all these functions plus a few more!
    Very busy at work and at night for the next few days, probably won’t get to give it a serious run until the end of the week, I have to be patient. Love these Strymon pedals, this is #3 for me after the El Capistan and the Lex.
    These new digital pedals need higher current to power them, so I swapped out my Pedal Power ISO-5 for a new Pedal Power Digital which gives me 4 isolated outputs of 9VDC at 400Ma.

Attached Files:

2. MBERTHOLD

MBERTHOLD Country Gent

Happy NPD! Looks very interesting;)

3. 6stings

6stings Friend of Fred

Aug 14, 2010
    Norway
    Happy NPD! That a lot of knobs, au!:D
    So you can't power it with a 9V 250 mA?

4. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    I got away with 9VDC 250mA for the El Cap and the Lex, but the Mobius, like the Timeline, needs 400mA to run properly according to Strymon. My TC Flashback X 4 delay is also a power-hungry beast. The PP Digital is in exactly the same case size as the ISO-5 so it will fit on the same mounting brackets and be a straight changeover. Essentially I have swapped 4 outputs at 100mA for 4 outputs at 400mA.

5. 6stings

6stings Friend of Fred

Aug 14, 2010
    Norway
  6. NeilSt

NeilSt Country Gent

Oct 26, 2010
    Lynnwood, WA
    Just picked up a Mobius myself....deep, deep pedal~! Looks magnificent beside the El Capistan and the Flint!

7. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Yep, there is quite a lot of stuff going on in this pedal. I really haven't scratched the surface of its capabilities yet. I need more time with my pedals to get the best out of them.

8. fender62custom

fender62custom Gretschified

Mar 3, 2012
    Helidon, Australia
    Happy NPD Audept!! enjoy!!

9. larryb

larryb Gretschified

Oct 29, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Congrats Audept. Nice pedal!

10. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    Sandy Eggo
  11. tremelo68

tremelo68 Gretschie

May 23, 2011
    Boston
    It has the Lex and other rotary settings too

12. NeilSt

NeilSt Country Gent

Oct 26, 2010
    Lynnwood, WA
    I don't think the rotary settings are as deep and variable as they are on the Lex, which is a dedicated pedal. It's the same with the Flint -- I think the trem on the Flint is deeper than it is on the Mobius. Now, of course, I see that those wizards at Strymon have a Big Sky...which apparently is all things reverb! They're killing me! I'm wondering when the fuzz/distortion pedal is coming...

13. audept

Dec 1, 2010
    Sydney, Australia
    Before I ordered the Mobius I emailed Strymon to ask if all the same Lex sounds and capabilities were in the Mobius. The answer I got from them said that not all the Lex sounds and parameters were in the Mobius, and if I wanted the full capabilities of the Lex, then I needed to keep it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.