NPD! Plethora

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by TSims1, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Robbie

Robbie Friend of Fred

Jun 17, 2013
    Sarnia Ontario Canada
    Looks interesting. Looking forward to how you feel about the practicality in a live setting. Congratulations

2. tolm

tolm Gretschie

Jan 25, 2016
    UK
    I had a look at the quick staff guide earlier - doesn’t mention it. :(

I’d also want a “flip-flop” option - whereby if I set two of the switches to, say, different reverbs hitting one will automatically disengage the other.

3. lathoto

lathoto Gretschie

Apr 23, 2020
    Ohio
    Nice. I would recommend the JHS Bonsai. It's a nine way screamer.

TSims1 likes this.
  4. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    I actually really love the Visual Sound Double Trouble because it’s two tube screamers in one pedal, and the bass boost is fab.

5. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    so cal
    I was telling Billy Zoom that this morning. While 97% or so of the musos in the world are out of work, those of us in the Pdub world havent lost a stride. Its a new stride for sure but work is still happening. Instead of a live crowd for us, we perform to a camera twice a week. Zoom has always been a real bible thumper type christian which has been a unique contrast to Exene Cervenka the lead singer of X. One reason I've always admired the band. Anyway I joked that it might be time for applying at church :)
    ps. thanks for more pedal gas.

TSims1 likes this.
  6. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Totally. Our church opens in two weeks. Be interesting to see how it all goes.

7. Waxhead

Waxhead Country Gent

Aug 30, 2014
    Australia
    great - we've had this thread going on the Plethora over 5 pages.
    Maybe you never saw it
    https://www.gretsch-talk.com/threads/new-tc-effects-pedal-board.201082/

So great to see a GT member get one.
    I've been waiting for TC to add in more pedals before I buy one.
    Always looked a fantastic deal to me and I much prefer they don't put any drive pedals into it.
    I want to use all its time based effects in my amps series loop - have no other use for it :)

Please post a full review after you've had it a few months and been able to find its pros and cons

TSims1 likes this.
  8. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Will do. I’ll complete the small board build out on Fri, and gig it next week.

SAguitar and Waxhead like this.
  9. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Don't the TC Helicon Voice live use the TC electronics tone prints also?

10. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Got the new small board put together. This setup is really happenin. Mini volume, 3 overdrives, a Hall Of Fame 2 for dedicated swell/shimmer, and the Plethora for everything else. I could do any gig at all with this setup.

91F8844F-EDC5-43A2-ADDD-4150A3C4A7F3.jpeg

2DF35A5E-C672-411D-8154-3F1C1697EC39.jpeg

dr. love likes this.
  11. dr. love

dr. love Gretschie

Jun 2, 2008
    Texas
    I’m a TC fan and I was really intrigued by this when they announced it, but right now I can’t justify the investment. One day maybe...

12. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    To anyone who gets one - let me save you some frustration! When you open the box, IMMEDIATELY go to your computer and upload the newest firmware version with the included usb cable. I was ready to send it back cause I couldn’t get the tuner to turn on! Turns out they didn’t include the tuner until V1.5. Lol.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.