NPD - Mystery Brain!!

NWBriggs

Electromatic
Aug 23, 2019
Montague, MI
I have been so excited to get my hands on one of these. I got it in the mail a couple days ago, but didn’t get to play it until today. I love it!!! So happy with it.

I will have a big learning curve I think getting it to match up with my 1974 Traynor Reverb Master. I love the pedal though and couldn’t be happier!!

BEFBBBB9-36CF-4811-A996-08E3560DB4D0.jpeg

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota
I have been so excited to get my hands on one of these. I got it in the mail a couple days ago, but didn’t get to play it until today. I love it!!! So happy with it.

I will have a big learning curve I think getting it to match up with my 1974 Traynor Reverb Master. I love the pedal though and couldn’t be happier!!

View attachment 121822
I think you will be pleasantly surprised it isn't as difficult to dial in as it may seem. Some pedals you really have to work with but an hour with this one and you'll be good to go.

calebaaron666

Friend of Fred
Aug 15, 2018
Auburn, Maine
Awesome!
You can take this with a grain of salt, but here’s what I do:
I set my amp (or amps!) a few notches below the volume I want to play at, and I use the MB preamp (I rock with the abby always engaged) to boost myself to playing volume.
For example, I love my deluxe reverb volume at 6. So I set the amp volume at 4 and use the preamp knob (usually at around 1 o’clock) to bring the volume up to where it would be at 6.
I rarely ever switch mine off.
It adds amazing definition and articulation, especially in the low notes, and with barre or power chords.
I can play without it, but I DON’T WANT TO!

Oh, and the tape echo is pretty cool too:cool:

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Merc

Friend of Fred
May 6, 2017
Florida
Congrats! I’ve said for the longest time it’s the pedal that I would choose if I could only have one. Although my recent Nocturne El Pescadoro is now tying it. Luckily I don’t have to choose which kid I love more. I can love them both. :)

JHowdy

Country Gent
Nov 16, 2013
Finland
Congrats on the new pedal!

@calebaaron666 You should consider changing your avatar. Now I don't want to sound sexist or anything like that, but I can't see anything you write because I have to stare at those eyes :D. Who is she, anyway? A familiar face, yes, but can't remember where it comes from.

upload_2019-9-18_10-40-24.png

calebaaron666

Friend of Fred
Aug 15, 2018
Auburn, Maine
Congrats on the new pedal!

@calebaaron666 You should consider changing your avatar. Now I don't want to sound sexist or anything like that, but I can't see anything you write because I have to stare at those eyes :D. Who is she, anyway? A familiar face, yes, but can't remember where it comes from.

View attachment 121825
It’s actress Sherilyn Fenn as Audrey Horne from the show Twin Peaks circa 1990.

The epitome of dreamy.

TV the Wired Turtle

Gretschified
Jul 25, 2009
Sandy Eggo
It’s actress Sherilyn Fenn as Audrey Horne from the show Twin Peaks circa 1990.

The epitome of dreamy.

I was so in love with Sherilyn Fenn back during the beginning of Twin Peaks, it almost made me question my engagement to my girlfriend(now my wife thank God) at the time. Our friends would gather and we'd drink coffee and eat cherry pie in anticipation of each show. Life was so easy then. .....sigh (walks off, kicking an imaginary can)

calebaaron666

Friend of Fred
Aug 15, 2018
Auburn, Maine
I was so in love with Sherilyn Fenn back during the beginning of Twin Peaks, it almost made me question my engagement to my girlfriend(now my wife thank God) at the time. Our friends would gather and we'd drink coffee and eat cherry pie in anticipation of each show. Life was so easy then. .....sigh (walks off, kicking an imaginary can)
Yeah man, there was something about her back then that could make one’s heart hurt.