NPD: Mr. Black Analog Chorus/Vibrato

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by Sid Nitzerglobin, May 28, 2020.

1. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    I was real close to ordering one of these back in January when he did the first batch of these, but being it was only 5 of them when I went to bed w/o doing so I missed the opportunity. When they sent out the announcement they were doing another 20 unit run a couple of weeks ago I went ahead & jumped on one.

It arrived a couple days ahead of tracking today &, while I've only played w/ it w/ my 4003 through the PF50T stack for ~45 minutes so far, it seems quite likely I've found my new favorite chorus for bass :D
    [​IMG]
    It's a fairly straight forward pedal, but already I've found an impressive diversity of feels in it. It's got a great degree of dimension as advertised & not a hint of hiss or other noise. Seems to have just the slightest kind of dynamics induced wobble/ripple to it that I find absolutely beautiful & the general texture seems very organic & engaging for me. I haven't tortured it too hard yet, but it seems like it's got way more input headroom than a lot of pedals I've got w/ similar pricetags & seems to take to the wild, nuclear meltdown of the Vintage Fuzz Master cranked a good bit beyond unity w/o a hint of complaint even plugged into a 9V tap.

I'll update once I've got some time w/ it both on the basess & guitars & in an FX loop as he designed it, but so far there's not a even a suggestion of buyer's remorse on the horizon :)

Thanks for taking a look!

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    Outlaw, Sabato, GlenP and 6 others like this.
  2. mister rain

mister rain Gretschie

Apr 23, 2020
    new orleans
    i’m picking up one of his stereo tremolo / panners next week. really looking forward to stereo harmonic trem...

Outlaw, GlenP and Sid Nitzerglobin like this.
  3. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
  4. Stonepicking

Stonepicking Gretschie

Sep 14, 2018
    Portsmouth uk
    Nice pedal, congratulations.

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  5. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Love chorus , love vibrato ... what's there not to love especially when Mr. Black suggest to " ingest some alcohol " ...but not too much please :p
    Congrats , enjoy and have fun

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  6. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

Congrats on the new pedal, Sid!

Out of curiosity, are you switching between chorus and vibrato with some kind of hidden switch. or is the pedal always doing chorus and vibrato together?

Outlaw and Sid Nitzerglobin like this.
  7. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Thanks guys! Still haven't tried it w/ guitar, but this thing absolutely slays me for the Eric Avery bass lines I know.

It's mostly based on the depth setting, crank that one a bit & you get into vibrato. It's got a pretty healthy range on both it & the speed.

LivingMyDream likes this.
  8. GlenP

GlenP Synchromatic

Jul 23, 2019
    WA
    Sid Nitzerglobin and tolm like this.
  9. tolm

tolm Gretschie

Jan 25, 2016
    UK
    Nice! I’ve got their Deluxe Plus Tremolo/Reverb - they seem to make very decent pedals.

Sid Nitzerglobin and GlenP like this.
  10. Sid Nitzerglobin

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    I got to play around w/ this one in the FX loop & w/ a few guitars over the past couple days & yup, it's a 1000% keeper. Expectedly, it seems a good bit clearer, "bloom"ier, & dynamic & it works great on the cleaner side w/ the guitar (I'd expect the same to be true dirty I just haven't hooked up any thing that get's fairly dirty in front of it yet on the 6 strings).

Really loving it w/ the Space Spiral in front of it in the loop of the Trem Lord :D :
    [​IMG]
    Yup, I really like the Deluxe Plus (& the Deluxe Deluxe Plus even a bit more). I've been super happy w/ the Super Swell & Supermoon verbs from him as well.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice