NPD: a tale of two boards

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by calebaaron666, Oct 13, 2021 at 8:04 AM.

1. calebaaron666

calebaaron666 Friend of Fred

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    I got another Mystery Brain on Reverb.
    0FEB2D49-1EB6-4ACE-BDDA-A2C0B77B671F.jpeg

I play in two (sometimes three) bands. One band, Draudiga, I am just a guitar man. I love it, but in trying to contribute to our leader’s vision, I need more FX than I would normally use for my own stuff. Also, in this band I am one of two guitar players and need to boost solos. I ride my guitar volume often, and I’ll turn it all the way up to get loud. But for our songs I need to go up, up, and then up again.
    Here’s my Draudiga board:
    E39CC1E5-C9F3-414E-9948-04D01D9014FC.jpeg
    Donner Tuner>Dunlop Wah>EHX B9>Fuzzrite clone (with extras)>Nocturne Fluid Drive>Allspark Boost>Nocturne Mystery Brain (preamp always on, and occasional long delays)>Maxon AD9 (always on slap back)

My other band, The Seaside Graves (formally The Tarantula Brothers), is a two piece, with just me playing guitar and singing with a drummer. I need to concentrate on playing the guitar and giving a performance, and I don’t wanna spend more time looking down at a board than I have to.

The Seaside Graves board:
    1CBF37A2-C1AC-41B8-BBC4-CAAE15A69270.jpeg
    Donner Tuner>Boss OC3 bass octave (in stereo, sending bass octave to separate amp)>Flattley Poison Ivy Super Fuzz clone>Nocturne Mystery Brain (preamp always on, slap back always on)

With this board I only need to step on the Fuzz during songs. Everything else stays on almost all the time. I do switch the octave off during parts where there’s no bass, but that’s usually just when the songs start with a guitar riff.

I tried switching my one Mystery Brain from board to board, but that got annoying. I also tried not having it on either board, and that didn’t work for me either.

I recently bought a Nocturne Dyno Brain used, and it’s wonderful, BUT with no abby mode, my tone as I like it just wasn’t there.

Anyway, I think I’m pretty happy with what I have going on here.

thanx for looking, nerds!

2. DennisC

DennisC Country Gent

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    Sounds like you're busy!

Anyway ... also, sounds/looks ... uh, makes sense. A nice collection of nice devicery, too!

calebaaron666 likes this.
  3. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Thanks!
    Yeah man, I’m staying very busy playing music as much as possible.
    Well, busy enough to justify having two pedal boards with a few of the same pedals! Haha

Merc likes this.
  4. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Noice… that blue is my favorite for the Mystery Brains too. And you can never have enough Brains!

Btw, Seaside Graves is a killer name. Are you planning on that outside Halloween thing like last year?

5. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    HANDS OFF THE B9 AND DON'T TOUCH THE TAPE ! I got it right where I want it ......

6. Trash Kidd

Trash Kidd Country Gent

Dec 14, 2015
    London U.K.
    The Seaside Graves is an awesome name!!! Love it!!
    Still the same drummer?

Marv666 and calebaaron666 like this.
  7. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Thanx! I thought so too. :cool:
    Nah, different drummer, that’s why I changed the name. Can’t really be The Tarantula Brothers without Diane. Mostly the same songs though.

Marv666 and Trash Kidd like this.
  8. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Not doing the Werewolf telegram thing this year. Now that no one is on lockdown, and there’s actual stuff to do, there isn’t much call for it. I may start it up again next year just for the fun of it.
    The Seaside Graves are playing an outside Halloween gig on the 30th. Should be a blast!
    Here’s the poster I made for it.
    AC3DEFAA-5898-4A73-9F59-312BF1ACEC9D.jpeg

9. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Ha! Exactly!
    The knobs move if I so much as give that pedal a dirty look. Gotta lock it down!

thunder58 likes this.
  10. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Awesome poster. Gigs are even better. Have a great Halloween Bash!

11. NJDevil

NJDevil Synchromatic

Jul 9, 2014
    Commack, NY
    I love Draudiga's album "Phosphorescence" and now have insight behind part of the "magic potion" behind the magic.....the other part being your creativity and hands! Very cool!

12. calebaaron666

Aug 15, 2018
    Portland, Maine
    Thanx man! Glad you dig it.

NJDevil likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.