Not exactly a new guy.

dmunson

Gretschie
Dec 19, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I've been playing since 1958. I have a nice collection going, as you might imagine. There have been several Gretschs along the way, and I've enjoyed them all. But the G5230T that I got today has been such a surprise, particularly the black walnut fingerboard, that I thought I'd better get back into the Gretsch conversation.
I was a member much earlier, but you all know how our interests change. But, it's good to be back.

Charlie westside

Country Gent
Jul 27, 2018
Sylmar Califirnia
Welcome back :)
I hope you Enjoy the G5230 t. I have had the Airline Silver one since June of last year. I thoroughly enjoy it. It's a whole lot of guitar for $$. That's how joined forum.

dmunson

Gretschie
Dec 19, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Thanks guys. I got the black model because it was all the Guitar Center had left. And since it's a traditional Jet color, i'm fine with it. But, the red and silver are both knock-outs. Beautiful guitars.

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Double Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
Tappan N.Y.
1958 !!! I was born in '58 .... Welcome back my friend to the show that never ends ...:)

DannyB

Gretschie
Apr 26, 2019
Michigan
Welcome back to the Gretsch page, remember that you're never too old to rock and roll if you are too old to die (Jethro Tull). we need to see some pics of your ax and look forward to the insights about guitar playing, music, and Gretsch guitars that your vast experience provides.

Bass guy

Electromatic
Mar 19, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Welcome! You have a lot of experience to share.
I am jealous of your ebony fingerboard. I love the rosewood fingerboard on my bass, but ebony would be 'the cat's pajama's'.
(There, I threw in one old-guy saying for us both... Ha.)

dmunson

Gretschie
Dec 19, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Thanks for the welcome guys. I've been a little busy cleaning up the nut and dropping the action just a hair. It's just getting better by the minute.

And, I've always considered "age" to be a relative term.
I feel like I've been "young" a lot longer than my actual age (73) might indicate.

Sorry, but the Jet is calling again..............