Not another!?

Randy99CL

Country Gent
Feb 17, 2020
Albuquerque
I'm going to stop whining and just admit I have a problem...I keep buying new guitars.

So I've mulled over this one for a week and today ordered one.
I've got a couple Player Strats and love eveything about them, the sound and feel and quality is amazing for what little they cost. So this is another Limited Edition only at GC and MF and I've never seen another exactly like it. I've been searching for info or pics of this one and nothing anywhere, not even the Fender site.
I love black guitars and love black and chrome. I love the look of the Ebony fingerboard and expect I will like the feel. I love painted headstocks.
HSS is such a great combination for a Strat and I love the sound of the Player series pickups. I expect the HB will split the coils when in position four.
Fender Strat Ebony2a.jpg

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 23, 2010
tappan ny
I love black guitars and love black and chrome. I love the look of the Ebony fingerboard and expect I will like the feel. I love painted headstocks.
So it's safe to say you love this guitar ? I must admit , I'm a sucker for a black and chrome guitar myself . Congratulations brother , enjoy

Emergence

Gretschie
May 25, 2022
New York
I’ve always been amazed at all the different Stratocasters there are and how different they are one from another. I have two and like yours too.

Randy99CL

Country Gent
Feb 17, 2020
Albuquerque
Thanks people!
Yes, Fender keeps coming up with new versions of their designs just to get us to open our wallets.
Just ordered, hasn't been shipped yet, should be here in less than a week.

This may end up being my favorite Strat and allow me to sell one or two others. I'm hoping.

Couple of years ago I ordered chrome pickup covers for my SSS version but didn't use them. I'll pop 2 of them on this guitar and see if I like the look. I prefer the pickups to match.

Dana Rudd

Country Gent
Nov 26, 2019
Greybull, WY
Congrats @Randy99CL, looks like a nice Strat. Hope you enjoy it.
I've got to give you some grief though. Went to website you posted, looked over the details and found out the Blueburst Strat I purchased was now cheaper than the sale price I got, never fails. 🦾
Enjoy your Black Beast, hope the chrome covers will fit.

TSims1

Gretschified
Jun 18, 2013
Atlanta
Thanks people!
Yes, Fender keeps coming up with new versions of their designs just to get us to open our wallets.
Just ordered, hasn't been shipped yet, should be here in less than a week.

This may end up being my favorite Strat and allow me to sell one or two others. I'm hoping.

Couple of years ago I ordered chrome pickup covers for my SSS version but didn't use them. I'll pop 2 of them on this guitar and see if I like the look. I prefer the pickups to match.

Curious if you’ve tried a PRS Silver Sky? As a Strat lover…….it’s my favorite Strat ever. I had to “get over” the look initially, but once I did……well it’s just tone city. The thing DRIPS great Strat tone.

Randy99CL

Country Gent
Feb 17, 2020
Albuquerque
Shipped today, supposed to be here Thursday, that's great!

Curious if you’ve tried a PRS Silver Sky? As a Strat lover…….it’s my favorite Strat ever. I had to “get over” the look initially, but once I did……well it’s just tone city. The thing DRIPS great Strat tone.
Yeah, I have avoided touching a Silver Sky just because I would probably want to buy one!
I watched a bunch of video reviews when the SE was released and everyone raved about them. I know I liked the sound in the videos.
But TBH, I don't think it sounds any better than my G&L Comanche, have you tried one of those? Leo did an amazing job designing the MFD pickups and I think it is the best sounding Strat I've ever heard. It has that Strat sound but fuller with more highs and lows, amazing. Plus it has separate treble and bass cut, and the best trem, and push-pull for 7 pickup options and the quality is as good as my MIMs and it was on sale for just over $500.
I'm thinking that this Fender will be my HSS and my Comanche will cover the SSS duties. And the Comanche will look good next to this black Fender!
Comanche 3.jpg

mister rain

Synchromatic
Apr 23, 2020
new orleans
I'm going to stop whining and just admit I have a problem...I keep buying new guitars.

I've got a couple Player Strats and love eveything about them, the sound and feel and quality is amazing for what little they cost. So this is another Limited Edition only at GC and MF and I've never seen another exactly like it. I've been searching for info or pics of this one and nothing anywhere, not even the Fender site.
HSS is such a great combination for a Strat and I love the sound of the Player series pickups. I expect the HB will split the coils when in position four.
View attachment 182586
a jazzmaster like this - and a bound and block neck - would lure me back to solid bodies…

GlenP

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2019
WA
Guitars can be appreciated simply as works of art, which they are. That is one reason I rotate three or four of my guitars on my wall hangers. They make me happy just walking into the music room and seeing them. That can also inspire me to sit down with one I may not have played in months And remind of what a wondrous thing it is. 😋
Exactly, not only works of art themselves, but also tools for creating art as well. I mean, how many paint brushes did Bob Ross have?

Armygirl

Country Gent
Mar 14, 2014
Edinburgh

View attachment 182586
I had one very similar.. a Modern Player.... it was also completely black and was HSH... I took out the Fender pickups and put in Seymour Duncan Distortion Mayhem humbuckers in it.... it was amazing. I love an HSH strat. Sold it to pay for my masters.... 😔

G5422T

Country Gent
May 24, 2012
usa

View attachment 182586

That one should be a "no problem" buy. 😆 🤣 😂 😹

Sweet.

GlenP

Country Gent
Jul 23, 2019
WA
I kind of have been having the same problem lately. But I am running out of space for guitars in the house, so I can’t keep this up. Don’t want to jinx it, but I might have my own NGD tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Randy99CL

Country Gent
Feb 17, 2020
Albuquerque
First time I ever got two new guitars in two days. I just noticed that I ordered this one two days ago, wow that was fast!

Yep the Fender showed up today and it is gorgeous. It really looks amazing, so few guitars come with ebony fingerboards anymore and with the painted headstock it looks great. There are millions of black Strats with maple necks, this triple black is really different.

First impressions: It is perfect and flawless. The satin neck feels fantastic, the frets are smooth and polished.
The knurled metal knobs are rough and grippy. The volume knob is easy to control with my pinky.
The pots and the switch are weighted for a quality feel that I like. At first the switch felt too tight to me but I'm sure it was made that way, no little bump will move it. Very positive feel and detent click.
Just amazing quality. These MIM Fenders have an incredible feel that is hard to describe, just solid, tight, comfortable, polished and refined, indestructible and ready to perform. I love 'em.
I swear I'm not worthy.

Last edited: