Nocturne used Pedal Day

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by Merc, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Just received my Atomic Brain today from @Hamoftruth . I’ve been loving pairing the Atomic Brain with my Volante and just had to pick up this blue metal flake one. Also in this picture is the current Led Sled beauty offered by Nocturne. I usually leave Abby on but I really love the extra toe room of these bigger boxed ones for switching. Consider getting yourself one if you need a Brain.

7AB0FFD6-028C-40D0-8D8A-B5C354BF4572.jpeg

HamofTruth also has a Gretsch listed at his Reverb store. He was a pleasure to deal with on this buy even though it was handled directly.

https://reverb.com/item/33259353-gr...rian-setzer-hot-rod-2014-flame-natural-blonde

2. Hamoftruth

Hamoftruth Electromatic

Mar 16, 2017
    PA
    Glad it's working out! Cheers!

Merc likes this.
  3. CousinWarsh

CousinWarsh Synchromatic

Jun 24, 2018
    Western NY
    Does the blue metal flake sound better than surf green? Have fun with it!

Merc likes this.
  4. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    I don’t have giant feet but I do like the bigger boxes. That one is really great looking and it is a good thing you jumped on it because if you didn’t I would have!

TV the Wired Turtle and Merc like this.
  5. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    Enjoy

TV the Wired Turtle and Merc like this.
  6. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    lol... Being my third Atomic Brain they sound pretty consistent. I do miss that aged green. But these two are equal.

3C74420C-011E-4BDD-B876-E3C09236FFD9.jpeg

Since I can’t afford or have room for a huge guitar collection... I think I may collect these instead. :D

7. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    The metal flake looks better in person. always does. Kind of cool having an early one hand sprayed by the Brain himself. I’m glad I wasted no time.

TV the Wired Turtle and Bertotti like this.
  8. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Yep the red Fuzz Ray I have that was sprayed is impressive as well. Powder coating is nice but deep sprayed finishes are art!

Merc likes this.
  9. dougmon

dougmon Gretschie

Jan 9, 2013
    California
    A good plan. Once you get every Nocturne Brain pedal in every color, you can start a museum.

sgarnett, Merc and audept like this.
  10. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    HAHA! It likely would be a museum with all the colors and different pedals.

But seriously, the only way for me to pull it off is what’s known as a type collector in the collecting community (where you stick with one type). So if I were to stick specially with the Atomic Brain, in this BB size box, and standard graphics I may only need these two not pictured earlier.

2383A7EE-A3E4-441E-BFB4-78D3D298562B.jpeg
    E4F23700-7598-44F6-9A8D-7C1395B85F42.jpeg

Of course I could go off the path while sticking with that size box and find the two Santa editions.

26F6DE2C-6B32-4B72-BF6B-7B49D7CF1AB1.jpeg C2EE21B6-6E57-4EC6-B4CE-C9BEB3D80DD2.jpeg

And the holy grail that I regrettably hesitated buying last year. And will likely never find again with only two made...

CA136059-EEA0-48D3-854A-3784FDAA6824.jpeg

dougmon, Trash Kidd and Bertotti like this.
  11. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Oh yea, that crazy green sparkle color was incredible!

Merc likes this.
  12. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I know it. Greens my favorite color too. When it was for sale last year I asked Tavo about it. If I remember right, one was for charity and the other was sold. It’s one of those times where looking back you wonder why you hesitated and bang your head against a wall.

Bertotti likes this.
  13. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Here’s the two photo’s from the listing when it was in Reverb. The hero on back makes me believe this was the charity one.

43A4D24E-D28F-4E51-BF7D-AE68B3601FB7.jpeg 9E222417-2E48-4AB1-A6EB-292CB89AD138.jpeg

This was what Tavo had to say about it when inquiring on the switch and difference with the later ones.

“Its an earlier version but basically the exact same thing as what I make now. I've extended the range function of the bass cut for a more modern flat response and cleaned up the noise floor slightly and reduced a bit of pop on the true bypass stomper. The toggle switch is the abby stomper as a toggle.”

Bertotti likes this.
  14. DaddyDog

DaddyDog Country Gent

Sep 18, 2011
    Mississauga, Canada
    I like to add a button to help with stomp accuracy. Bare Foot, or Sonic Stompers.

Merc likes this.
  15. larryr

larryr Gretschie

Mar 6, 2012
    Camarillo, Ca.
    Luchador Lemon Sparkle outside.jpg the one regret.#7. Wish I had kept this one.
    There is a Santa box on reverb right now

Outlaw, Groutsch, Trash Kidd and 2 others like this.
  16. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I would jump at that #7 in a heartbeat. For some reason I think this is yours.

017B741F-F7E1-4F25-BF8D-AC5A381597C6.jpeg

There was this green one which I think was over the lemon that’s real dreamy too.

52F9ACA8-7FB9-4FAF-B39E-EB09D9AC6F97.jpeg

If I’m nuts enough to get more I’d likely only get one Santa that’s non standard graphic. It would probably be the white metal flake one. I saw that one on Reverb. It does have some nicks on the edge of the bottom plate, I asked for more pictures a while ago. But I think the guy is a flipper because one just like it sold a week prior to him posting that ad for $155. I had considered that first one but there was something fishy going on with glue or cement on a screw. So I think it had might’ve had a stripped screw. Unless it was some of that rubber goop that used to be put on the boards. I’d rather wait patiently for a good one to make it fun.

2DE8BA83-92CC-41B4-BF6B-7C7457A5FEFE.jpeg

Apparently there was a blue one too. That’s definitely too many Santa’s for me. 392E21EF-116D-45AE-92B9-7A243380BB89.png

Bertotti likes this.
  17. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Awesome blue flake man, congrats!

Merc likes this.
  18. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Thanks. I love the flake too. I may swap out the knobs for some black cupcake style and put the original aside.

Is your Led Sled still being built? You’ll probably love the way the labeling is in person. It’s screened on or something so it’s like super smooth. The klon type knobs are big and great for adjusting with your foot too.

Sid Nitzerglobin likes this.
  19. Sid Nitzerglobin

Sid Nitzerglobin Country Gent

Jun 8, 2015
    fROMOHIO
    Yup, it's not here yet but I've been sinking deeper & deeper into bass land the past couple months so no worries. I'm betting I'll love it when it arrives :)

Merc likes this.
  20. larryr

larryr Gretschie

Mar 6, 2012
    Camarillo, Ca.
    I owned that green one as well. At one time I thought I was going to be a collector then I became a mad flipper. Now I'm just happy to have Nocturne pedals on the board strictly for sound not bling. But if number 7 ever does show its face you and I may be battling over it @Merc lol

Merc likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.