For Sale Nocturne Shrunken Brain #4!

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell or Trade Negotiations' started by Andy Fortune, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Andy Fortune

Andy Fortune Gretschie

May 24, 2016
    Corning, NY
    After much deliberation (and I might change my mind at any time:D) I have decided I have more brains than I need, and since I also prefer larger pedals with more space for my big feet, I am hesitantly letting this one go. I would love to sell it here where it would be most appreciated, especially since this is #4 from the very first run.
    For those here who don’t already know, the Shrunken Brain is the well known Atomic/Dyno Brain combined with a killer jFET preamp. The jFet comes first in line and both preamps can be used independently. Instead of the bass cut of the Atomic/Dyno Brain, there is a toggle switch that switches between vintage and modern (bass cut) modes.
    This one is from the original run and is serial #4!
    $265 shipped and paypal’d in the continental USA
    23EDCB0B-81DD-407C-829C-8B5476D2A435.jpeg 152DAA03-6429-483E-9700-34A59786617D.jpeg BB39FE8B-DA1A-4469-81D5-CA5B9BC134A7.jpeg ED61BF86-F426-484A-AB4F-7A0CB89DD140.jpeg

michelb, wildeman, Merc and 1 other person like this.
  2. Merc

Merc Country Gent

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    I’ve never tried one but I do think I recall @TSims1 at some point saying it was his favorite Brain.

GLWTS

TSims1 likes this.
  3. Andy Fortune

Andy Fortune Gretschie

May 24, 2016
    Corning, NY
    Oh, it’s fantastic. I actually use a boost in front of my Dyno Brain to approximate the effect, but the jfet preamp in the Shrunken brain has a bite and bit of hair when you turn it up that my boost doesn’t. If you want the smaller footprint to get both in one package but with more crunch available, the SB is the way to go.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    Merc likes this.
  4. Andy Fortune

Andy Fortune Gretschie

May 24, 2016
    Corning, NY
    This in Reverb now, too, but I’d rather sell it here.

CaliforniaSlim likes this.
  5. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Yes it is! If you don’t need delay like in the Mystery Brain, this pedal is perfect for anything really. Rock, blues, country, pop, worship, whatever. You get the Brain side, and then you also get the “More!” switch. It’s perfect.

Somebody needs to buy this before he changes his mind. I’ll never part with mine.

6. CatTones

CatTones Gretschie

Jul 28, 2017
    Boston
    GLWTS !!!

Andy Fortune likes this.
  7. Andy Fortune

Andy Fortune Gretschie

May 24, 2016
    Corning, NY
    All y'all talkin' about a combo Ubangi with an Atomic Brain...if you use your Ubangi set for boost with hair (that's how I use it) you can do that with this Shrunken Brain.

TSims1, Tele295 and DaddyDog like this.
  8. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Yes - this is totally your first and second gain stage tone(s)in one nice space saving package. EXACTLY what I love about it. And it likes both single-coils AND humbuckers(not always the case).

Andy Fortune likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.