Nocturne power supply question.

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by Pine Apple Slim, May 8, 2018.

1. Pine Apple Slim

Pine Apple Slim Country Gent

Dec 14, 2011
    North Alabama
    i have three of Tavos pedals, a Dynobrain, a Bass Brain, and a Jr Barnyard.
    I have this 18v output on a Voodo ISO 5 that’s just sitting there empty,
    Can any of the above work safely on 18v? If so would it change the character significantly?

2. rob batz

rob batz Country Gent

Apr 17, 2014
    Bristol ct.
    More head room for sure and those are designed to use 9-12-and 18v it’s kust about how much headroom u’d want

3. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    Sandy Eggo
    you can use 18v on the Jr Barnyard but it defeats the point of the pedal designed to run at 9v; creating a textured octal tube preamp response. W/ 18v on this pedal you get a much cleaner preamp. great for upright bass :)

(u can use 12v on the Brain Preamps, you'll get a cleaner response but lose the natural compression artifacts that feel so nice under pick attack)
    werdz of warning: Do not use 18v on the Mystery Brain, you'll fry the photocell and I'll know. Do not use 18v on the Ubangi stomp or the Fez as they use vintage style Tantalum electrolytic caps that are rated at 16v.

All using dedicated audio quality power supply, made for guitar pedals. :)

4. Pine Apple Slim

Pine Apple Slim Country Gent

Dec 14, 2011
    North Alabama
    Thanks for the info Tavo. Appears none of you pedals are a candidate for this power slot!
    I’ll find something I can plug in there I’m sure.

5. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    Sandy Eggo
    save for the Barnyard.. the Jr Barnyard is functional for both 9v and 18v, but powering in 18v will yield a much cleaner bolder preamp that ends up a transparent boost more or less. I've got several bassists that love it :)

Hammerhead and Pine Apple Slim like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.