No thanks and positive feedback

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by ZackyDog, Feb 12, 2020.

1. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    I bought some pickups from a "popular" Gretsch dealer and noticed for the first time in my purchasing history on eBay, Reverb, Amazon, etc., I didn't receive any feedback. To me, it stands out.

Maybe it an oversight? Maybe they're are selling Gretsch guitars and parts like hotcakes? Maybe they should sell hotcakes too? ;) :D

Did I do my part? I think so. When the first auction/order was finished, I asked for a duplicate pickup/reorder and sure enough, I got it a day or so after the first one arrived. It was a routine order, I didn't make any special requests to expedite or negotiate on the price.

Thanks for letting me vent. As you were.

2. tartanphantom

tartanphantom Friend of Fred

Jul 30, 2008
    Murfreesboro, TN
    How long has it been since the transaction? Some eBay sellers do their feedback in bulk for the month. Then again, others don't even bother with giving feedback at all, since it's not a requirement.

I've been on eBay since 1999, and I don't even let it bother me anymore.

ZackyDog likes this.
  3. CatTones

CatTones Gretschie

Jul 28, 2017
    Boston
    I agree with Tartanphantom, I've been using Ebay for a long time and it makes you wonder like ?? But if it's a store maybe they were very busy and had someone else helping that didn't usually deal with Ebay orders, as long as you don't get negative feedback your fine

Cheers !

4. swivel

swivel Country Gent

May 13, 2018
    PNW
    I don't even follow feedback really, buy or sell. But if someone asks, or if once in a great while I go and do a bunch of feedback, I get 'er done. Probably different for those who need some "creds" from feedback I suppose. I have like 1100 sales... so don't worry..

5. Zeek

Zeek Synchromatic

May 29, 2016
    Illinos USA
    Feedback is funny,

When I sell something I leave positive feedback for the buyer as soon as they pay. It doesnt matter what happens after, His part of the transaction is complete.

I never leave feedback first if Im not the seller

ZackyDog likes this.
  6. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Seems about 50/50 to me. Waste of a good worry IMO. I've never heard of a seller refusing to sell based on a review. Sellers bear less risk in that they get the money up front, and there isnt the same quality issues as with products - it's just money.

I'd say spend your time doing happy things like playing guitar than get bothered by social media stuff like that.

7. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Friend of Fred

Feb 6, 2015
    In the USA
    But...

I am an occasional eBay and Reverb seller. All of these sales---and purchases---have a cumulative effect on my rating.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.