NMPD incoming!

Discussion in 'Pedal Pushers Forum' started by StJohn, Jul 7, 2017.

1. StJohn

StJohn Country Gent

Jun 5, 2008
    North Louisiana
    Last week, I sent off my Blues Driver and Dyna Comp to Modest Mike in Arkansas to mod. The dyna comp was modded to a Ross comp, with better clarity and a little more bass. The Blues driver will be less fizzy, with more definition and not as spastic sounding. Looking forward to hearing the improvement!

LivingMyDream and Ricochet like this.
  2. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

Congrats on getting your pedals modded to your taste. I have a couple that I might want to consider having modded/fixed.

3. StJohn

StJohn Country Gent

Jun 5, 2008
    North Louisiana
    I had time to mess around with them a little bit at lunch, and am very pleased. First, they Dyna. I find this to be a pretty good improvement. At higher compression (sensitivity on the Dyna) settings, it can still get that towel-over-the-speakers sound that this pedal is known for, but it now happens at unrealistic compression settings for this pedal. It used to occur past 9 o'clock. With a lower setting, and higher level setting, it does a great job at barely-noticeable compression. Best of all, it is dead silent across the board. It no longer introduces that slight hiss. Now, for the Blues Driver. Huge improvement. Gain is much more usable now. It used to sound great as a boost or slightly dirty boost, but now, it sounds good as an overdrive. Seems like the tone control has way more adjustability to it. There is a two way switch installed, that I actually never asked about what it does, lol. I'm thinking it is similar to the "phat switch" on the Keeley in that it keeps the tone stack at normal-think Tubescreamer middish, or bass boosted. I liked it with the bass boosted, but also with the tone setting at about 3 o'clock. This setting would have sawed one's head off before, but it sounds great now. Using the bridge pickup of my 6120, I was able to cop some really nice Malcolm Young-like gain. All in all, very happy so far with this decision. I will mess around with it more as I go.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.