NGT BWIGH

Discussion in 'THE Gretsch Discussion Forum' started by TV the Wired Turtle, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Dave Murray

Dave Murray Gretschie

Feb 27, 2016
    Indio, CA
    I used to have a bra like that. But seriously, this photo gives a whole new meaning to "Stick it in your ear."

2. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    Sandy Eggo
    [​IMG]

mister rain likes this.
  3. Dave Murray

Dave Murray Gretschie

Feb 27, 2016
    Indio, CA
    It isn't the owner who wants to make mods, it was Stephan7, who asks the owner whether he was planning any mods. You must have missed that.

What mods would you make to this guitar?

This model guitar can be found with a full description at: https://reverb.com/item/19038762-gretsch-g6128t-gh-george-harrison-signature-duo-jet-w-bigsby-rw-black-w-case?bk=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJqdGkiOiI4OTY3Y2ZhMS03NzExLTRjOWUtOTRlYy0xNDZmNDY1YTE0OTUiLCJpYXQiOjE2MzQwNzg0OTAsInVzZXJfaWQiOiIiLCJzZXNzaW9uX2lkIjoiIiwiY29va2llX2lkIjoiMGZkOTJjNjgtMmJhOC00YzNiLTllNDgtNzQ3NWYwMGY3ZTRlIiwicHJvZHVjdF9pZI6IjE5MDM4NzYyIiwic291cmNlIjoiTk9ORSJ9.WACqm5ZWq4jeAxLfO5u8ncSuxMpPXKDRYMeJKoGNWJw

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021 at 8:04 PM
  4. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    I don't own this guitar and am not personally interested in it, but if I was stuck with it as the only guitar I could play, as a hypothetical? Definitely the bridge. For this hypothetical, ebony board, thumbnail markers, double cut, shorter tenon, and I want it close to 7 lbs so weight relief as needed. Lol my next gretsch guitar may be a custom shop.

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  5. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    Sandy Eggo
    I would remove the giant fret inlays for thumbnails too, but double cut would make it too lean in the lows for me.

fwiw.
    This body is slightly deeper than a standard jet and way more hollow. I would though have the body in thin nitro lacquer black, instead of the poly. And I'd replace the crummy plated hotdog bridge for a solid steel tru-arc serpentune (which I just did) and I'd replace the bunk grover tuners for vintage locking gotohs (which I did), and I'd dump the cheap film tone cap for a PIO cap (which I did) and I'd replace the stock dynas for tvjones repros since the originals had real DeArmond Dynas. (which I'm about to do).

6. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    Tavo doesn't leave much alone lol, it wouldn't surprise me if he was to customize a guitar that was worth $10 000.00.

I'm half expecting a pick up swap at very least.

EDIT, and there you go (see above post).

oneforsorrow and Henry like this.
  7. :( Maybe we need more emojis, to underscore where the jokes are? :rolleyes:

Just please don’t tell me it says “George Harrison” on the truss rod cover! :D

8. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Nice Tavo! Just change the truss rod cover and move on, but I understand. I only recently learned to put up with some of their songs, otherwise I have always disliked their music as well.

TV the Wired Turtle likes this.
  9. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    Sandy Eggo
    why change the truss cover? I plan on meeting this Gorman Harmons fellow and having him sign the pkguard! I mean afterall i got to meet Brain Seltzer!

Bertotti and MrWookiee like this.
  10. Gorman Harmons really belongs in the
    under-rated guitarist thread, doesn’t he?

11. J Bird

J Bird Gretschie

OK, now that we've figured out whose tribute model this is and we know how it will be modified, I'm curious what your opinion is of this model. If anyone can tell us what we don't already know, it's you, Tavo.

MrWookiee likes this.
  12. TV the Wired Turtle

Jul 25, 2009
    Sandy Eggo
    he is under-rated horribly in my opinion. it could be his diversions into experimental drugs that canceled him

Bertotti and MrWookiee like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.