NGT BWIGH

TV the Wired Turtle

Gretschified
Jul 25, 2009
Sandy Eggo
The GH6128T-GH offers the distinctive appointments and modifications found on Harrison's original 1957 Gretsch Duo Jet, which he purchased secondhand in the early 1960s. Features include a lightweight mid-’50s-style chambered body, Bigsby® B3C tailpiece with a black Phillips head tremolo arm pivot bolt, and an offset strap button on lower bout. Other features include three-ply body binding (white-black-white), single-ply white neck and headstock binding, 12"-radius 22-fret rosewood fingerboard with Hump Block pearloid inlays, two single-coil DynaSonic™ single-coil pickups, vintage-style “rocking bar” bridge with rosewood base, silver plexi pickguard, chrome-plated Grover® V98CM Sta-Tite™ tuners, Gretsch G-arrow control knobs, chrome-plated hardware, Harrison’s signature on the truss rod cover and a premium tweed hardshell case.

See: https://reverb.com/item/19038762-gr...9.WACqm5ZWq4jeAxLfO5u8ncSuxMpPXKDRYMeJKoGNWJw

why-bro-why-d32f237257.jpg

Dave Murray

Gretschie
Feb 27, 2016
Indio, CA

Henry

I Bleed Orange
Apr 9, 2014
Petaluma
What mods would you make to this guitar?
I don't own this guitar and am not personally interested in it, but if I was stuck with it as the only guitar I could play, as a hypothetical? Definitely the bridge. For this hypothetical, ebony board, thumbnail markers, double cut, shorter tenon, and I want it close to 7 lbs so weight relief as needed. Lol my next gretsch guitar may be a custom shop.

TV the Wired Turtle

Gretschified
Jul 25, 2009
Sandy Eggo
I don't own this guitar and am not personally interested in it, but if I was stuck with it as the only guitar I could play, as a hypothetical? Definitely the bridge. For this hypothetical, ebony board, thumbnail markers, double cut, shorter tenon, and I want it close to 7 lbs so weight relief as needed. Lol my next gretsch guitar may be a custom shop.
I would remove the giant fret inlays for thumbnails too, but double cut would make it too lean in the lows for me.

fwiw.
This body is slightly deeper than a standard jet and way more hollow. I would though have the body in thin nitro lacquer black, instead of the poly. And I'd replace the crummy plated hotdog bridge for a solid steel tru-arc serpentune (which I just did) and I'd replace the bunk grover tuners for vintage locking gotohs (which I did), and I'd dump the cheap film tone cap for a PIO cap (which I did) and I'd replace the stock dynas for tvjones repros since the originals had real DeArmond Dynas. (which I'm about to do).

Stefan87

Country Gent
May 20, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
Mods to an over $3,000 guitar? Why?
Tavo doesn't leave much alone lol, it wouldn't surprise me if he was to customize a guitar that was worth $10 000.00.

I'm half expecting a pick up swap at very least.

EDIT, and there you go (see above post).

Bertotti

Friend of Fred
Jul 20, 2017
South Dakota

J Bird

Synchromatic
Dec 2, 2016
Enumclaw
OK, now that we've figured out whose tribute model this is and we know how it will be modified, I'm curious what your opinion is of this model. If anyone can tell us what we don't already know, it's you, Tavo.

Latest posts