NGPD : The SILVER ZEP'

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by hcsterg, Jul 21, 2021.

1. hcsterg

hcsterg Friend of Fred

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    The pickguard should look like this... :)
    - scale simulation in green line on the top of guitar.
    - alone with Graf Zeppelin Silver badge (in lieu of the white oval).

[​IMG]

It's a rather small, discrete pickguard, whose main role is to carry the Zeppelin Mojo... ;)

A+!

new6659 and bhatta like this.
  2. Viking Power

Viking Power Synchromatic

Jun 11, 2018
    Mountlake Terrace, WA
    Reading this thread with my coffee and eggs has been an amazing way to start the day.
    Fantastic work. So cool to think that this guitar started life as a cheap knockoff and now after some inspired work is a gorgeous custom!

new6659, hcsterg and bhatta like this.
  3. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

Yes, this^^

I admire your skills, as well as those of your friend, and I love the two tone color scheme. As many have said, as long as you are starting with good bones, the rest can be upgraded to get a "custom" sound.

BTW, I love the 3 pickup design. I still scour the used market hoping to find a 3 pickup 5622 at a reasonable price, and I blame myself for not picking one up used about 4 years ago, when I had the chance. Oh well, live and learn!

Viking Power and hcsterg like this.
  4. hcsterg

hcsterg Friend of Fred

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    Thanks @Viking Power ! :)

Yes, there are Guys who would say (even blame me) that I loose my time and my money to invest in such cheap fakes... Unlike you, they probably don't (or don't want to) understand where is the challenge. o_O:D

Yes @LivingMyDream, it's still a bit playful - if I can say so - but as you wrote it : once the base is checked as good, chances are that the case will have a good end.

Speaking about the G5622T 3-PUs - like some others in that 3-PU configuration : the middle may protrude in the zone where you pick travels, and then can be a hindrance in the way you play...

I have this issue when I play my G5622TLH, and that's a reason why I do not use it as often as I should, despite the fine 3-PU combination tones... :(

But of course, it depends on the way you play, and on the position of the middle PU under your hand. Sometimes, slanted mount pickup helps greatly, but it's not always possible to achieve :

upload_2021-8-3_19-39-40.png

A+!

5. speedicut

speedicut Friend of Fred

Jun 5, 2012
    Alabama
    Wow, looking great @hcsterg!
    Love the colors and the Duo Jet looking pick guard!

hcsterg likes this.
  6. hcsterg

hcsterg Friend of Fred

Feb 13, 2012
    France
    Thanks @speedicut ! :)

As my engraver workshop is closed until the August 20th for annual holidays, the pickguard addition will have to wait... :(;)

A+!

speedicut likes this.
  7. DennisC

DennisC Country Gent

May 11, 2017
    Germany
    Cool! This looks just like ... it was always meant to be. To be that way, I mean.

... if of all the knock offs, wannabes, faux items of any kind, only some have the luck to receive a treatment of this kind, with patience, quality parts, quality work, knowledge, ...

Then ... uh, the the world is one nice guitar richer. Which is good, I think.

... anyway, this is cool.

hcsterg likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.