NGD!!

6120mantis

Country Gent
Mar 6, 2011
nj
Well, I guess you can call me 6120 mantis now!
20221130_162308.jpg
Action out of the box is nice!
6120 Nashville Players edition..
Feels and plays great.
I'm in a small partment now, awaiting a blackstar fly 3 to plug into.
Might go with a rocker bridge as I favored that on my previous gretsches. Definitely want to put traditional gretsch strap pins on also.
The finish is nice, first time with locking tuners.
Question here, I believe the RHH my friend has is a 2.75" body, this is 2.50"
Are 6120's usually either or. I noticed the Smoke model is also 2 .50"
Any way I'm digging this so far!

Stefan87

Country Gent
May 20, 2019
Brisbane, Australia
Very nice, as for the bodies, I think that has varied over the years but I'm no expert.

I will say though that my double anniversary is a 2.5' body and I much prefer that over my 2.75' 6120 and 6119, so to me a 2.5 body is a big plus on these players editions.

Congrats and enjoy.

GlenP

Country Gent
Double Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2019
WA
I have the older version of that model, I really like it. I wonder how the new pickups in that new model compare to the High Sensitive Filter'Trons. The ebony fretboard looks and feels nice on these. Congrats!

Last edited:

Lockupyourfatdog

Country Gent
Aug 8, 2016
Everett wa
Yeah the players editions are made a little thinner. They basically interviewed a bunch of pro players and asked what they’d like to see on a Gretsch and a lot of them said string through bigsby, strap locks, locking tuners, and shallower body so that’s what they did. Great guitar. I regret selling mine

6120mantis

Country Gent
Mar 6, 2011
nj
I think the Rat Rod I had was 2.50" inches also, that was a cool guitar.
I have the older version of that model, I really like it. I wonder how the new pickups in that new model compare to the High Sensitive Filter'Trons. The ebony fretboard looks and feels nice on these. Congrats!
I wonder too. These are the ft-67.
I'll only be playing through a mini amp for a bit. Can't really judge them on that.