NGD!!!!

TSims1

Gretschified
Jun 18, 2013
Atlanta
I wanted a great Tele. Ordered all the parts in over 2 months. Put it together and……magic. Absolute freakin’ MAGIC. The total weight of the build is 5.5lbs and has zero neck dive. MAN did I luck out here. Bill Lawrence noiseless pickups and they sound FANTASTIC. The neck pickup is voiced more like a Strat, which is wonderful in my world. Bridge is a classic slightly hot Tele twang machine. I’m in shell pink heaven. Looks cool next to my piano too. :)

2C274AA1-8DED-4EE1-930E-9F01BDF915D0.jpeg

DB358C01-A618-4D8B-9EF2-290B64B75BF9.jpeg

E9BB6D01-5E8D-49AA-B6BF-A829C737A9A2.jpeg

TSims1

Gretschified
Jun 18, 2013
Atlanta
Beautiful tele. I’m not much of a pink guitar guy but I do love a good tele.
What body and neck did you use? And you just assembled it?

I got the body from Bloomdoom guitars. Dustin is a cool guy that worked for MJT before going off to do his own thing. Really great work.

Then I got turned onto another guy in Alabama who buys All Parts necks. Gets em in, polishes/levels/crowns the frets. Installs Graph-Tech nuts, sprays em with nitro(and amber or whatever stain)and sells em. This neck is BEAUTIFUL and just absolutely perfect up and down.

I picked out all the hardware, strap buttons, string tree, input jack, loaded Gotoh control plate with switchcraft switch, and then settled on Bill Lawrence noiseless pickups. The neck pickup looks like a Tele pup but sounds like a Strat neck pup(!), and the bridge is slightly hot and just really amazing with dirt. Twangs like heck.

I legitimately couldn’t be happier with this. :)

stiv

Country Gent
Sep 12, 2014
Firenze, Italy
Not much of a pink or a Tele fan but boy that thing looks beautiful!
Congrats! I bet it sounds great in your hands (mostly because of your hands though ;)). I’m sure you’ll enjoy it a lot!