NGD!!!

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by TSims1, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Bob Perrone

Bob Perrone Gretschie

Mar 7, 2017
    allentown, pa
    I swapped the pins on my Guild jumbo 12 string for brass....holy cow.......it was a cannon before....now, it's knocks over small children.....and sustains for days

Ricochet and TSims1 like this.
  2. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

Totally!!

3. Freshy

Freshy Synchromatic

Sep 30, 2017
    Homosassa FLA
    ruger9 likes this.
  4. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    ruger9 and Freshy like this.
  5. Snorre

Snorre Country Gent

Feb 12, 2009
    Walkersville, MD
    Congrats on a beauty, Tony! Now to find me some brass pins for my lil acoustic... :cool:

TSims1 likes this.
  6. ruger9

ruger9 Country Gent

Nov 1, 2008
    NJ
    re: brass bridge pins...

It must be highly dependent on the guitar, because I just tried brass pins in one of my acoustics, an acoustic that sounds very nice already, but it has a cedar top, which is a little mellower than spruce. I was hoping the brass pins would give me a little more volume and sparkle. All they did was remove so much low end the guitar sounded like a cheap Walmart special, thin and crappy. :(

7. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

You probably have low grade brass. You need top quality brass finished in nitro to let the tone breathe. Relic’d sounds even better.

ruger9 likes this.
  8. ruger9

ruger9 Country Gent

Nov 1, 2008
    NJ
    :D

9. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    Sandy Eggo
    can we put some stickers on it?

TSims1 likes this.
  10. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta

So I can’t put this guitar down. I am so INSPIRED when I play it. You are right - it is changing me. It’s so expressive and just……just so NICE to play and hear. Because of this guitar and how inspired I am to play right now, I’ve decided to make a guitar instrumental album(which I’ve frankly never even thought about before). Recorded the first today and have 3 others written……..not sure if I’ll do an EP or a full blown record……but time will tell.
    I honestly feel honored to own this particular instrument for as long as it’s mine(which will be at least a few more decades, God willing!).

Thanks again everybody!

Bertotti likes this.
  11. Bertotti

Bertotti Friend of Fred

Jul 20, 2017
    South Dakota
    Share a source when you release it. I will buy it. Enjoy truly inspirational keepers are not all that common.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.