NGD...

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by Stefan87, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    The guitar trading continues, not having much luck selling the last few guitars... well I could have but not for the offers people were giving me.

So I tried to sell my Schecter C1 JH signature model but best offer was half what I was asking, was offered the LTD as a trade which was worth asking price (https://www.gretsch-talk.com/threads/nugd-not-sure-if-it-will-stay-though.210407/), tried it, didn't love it so it went up forsale, again no decent offers but a very nice guy offered me the below so I accepted.

20210427_061420.jpg
    20210427_061428.jpg
    20210427_061507.jpg
    20210427_061527.jpg
    20210427_061541.jpg

It's a 2016 Schecter C1 FR Apocalypse, this thing is a very good player and specs are great for the price point, it has:
    - Satin finish Maple/Padauk multi ply neck with carbon fibre reinforcement rods
    - Satin finish Ash body which is quite light weight
    - 25.5 scale
    - 12'-16' compound Ebony fret board with glow in the dark top dots
    - 24 XJ stainless steel frets (first time I've had these and they really cool, have a certain 'zing' to them)
    - Schecters own pick ups which are coil split and sound great
    - Floyd rose 1500 series bridge
    - Grover tuners (new model has locking tuners) and other quality components etc

This thing is really cool, even though they are not cheap I think to get what you do for the price they are is quite competitive, I don't know many other bigger brands that offer stainless frets standard, the pickups sound really good an being coil split it can cover a lot of ground, it can hold it's own with the fenderish sound, good rock sound but is really geared towards metal territory.

It feels great in the hand with the satin finish, fret ends are smooth, good weight and with the 'ultra access' neck heel you can get the 24th fret with out any issue, overall I think is a good playing guitar.

There are a few things I'm not a fan off though, the neck is stated as a thin 'C' and wow is it thin and very flat on the back which isn't the most comfortable at times.
    The Floyd Rose is cool and does what it's meant to but has it's quirks so the hard tail version of this guitar would've been my choice.
    The aesthetics are cool, the colour actually has more of a moss green tinge to it then the pics show, the black hardware is a nice touch and the clear pick up bobbins look really cool, definitely has that 'walking dead' look to it which means it may not look right on a few stages.

All in all considering I had the LTD up for $1100.00 and he had this up for $1450.00 and was up for a straight trade I am grateful for the upgrade.

Attached Files:

2. Viking Power

Viking Power Gretschie

Jun 11, 2018
    Mountlake Terrace, WA
    That's a sexy looking machine.

Stefan87 likes this.
  3. Merc

Merc Friend of Fred

May 6, 2017
    Florida
    Looks real nice and like trans-black color. Anytime you can up trade I’d call it likely a win. Hope you enjoy it. If not, maybe you can up trade again. :)

Stefan87 likes this.
  4. drmilktruck

drmilktruck I Bleed Orange

May 17, 2009
    Plymouth, MN
    Love the wood grain. Congrats.

Stefan87 likes this.
  5. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    It does look good, different but cool.

The colour is hard to show, in certain lights it's black/brown and in others it's very green/brown. I got lucky on this one, and because the guy was willing to do the trade I went to him, he was 1 hour drive but figured it was the least I could do. So far I'm enjoying it, truth be told I didn't want too as I'm wanting to slim down what I have but will see what happens.

Yes the wood grain is really prominent, it's a two piece body but they have done a good job of hiding the join.

Merc likes this.
  6. Ricochet

Ricochet Senior Gretsch-Talker

Nov 13, 2009
    Monkey Island
    Congrats, impressive specs!

Stefan87 likes this.
  7. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Country Gent

Nov 26, 2019
    Greybull, WY
    Congrats that is a fine looker. Enjoy!

Stefan87 likes this.
  8. AZBrahma

AZBrahma Gretschie

Dec 18, 2020
    Arizona
    No bones about it, those are great guitars. Schecter never ceases to surprise me with what they can deliver for the price on their upper-end imports. We also have them to thank for the current glut of high-quality import guitars, they started this whole thing 20-ish years ago with fairly priced no-compromise guitars during a time period when most imports were of questionable quality and value.

I currently have 8 of their USA custom shop guitars (all bought used, couldn't afford them otherwise)!

Stefan87 likes this.
  9. JC higgy

JC higgy Gretschified

Jun 6, 2008
    Belfast Norn Iron
    Congrats!

Stefan87 likes this.
  10. Stefan87

Stefan87 Country Gent

May 20, 2019
    Brisbane, Australia
    I agree, before I played Gretsch's I played Schecters, my 2002 C1+ is the electric guitar I have owned the longest and has done the most with me, not so much now but it won't be sold.

11. fender62custom

fender62custom Gretschified

Mar 3, 2012
    Helidon, Australia
  12. thunder58

thunder58 Super Moderator Staff Member

Dec 23, 2010
    tappan ny
    Admin Post
    That looks like a real player . Congratulations on that beauty

Stefan87 likes this.
  13. Lockupyourfatdog

Lockupyourfatdog Synchromatic

Aug 8, 2016
    Everett wa
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.