NGD!

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by JBacklund, Jun 24, 2020.

1. bhatta

bhatta Gretschie

Jun 29, 2020
    Bangalore
    in a good sense. When first I saw your collection I was about to fall :)
    Btw, love the 3 guitars you play generally.
    I have been eyeing an resonator for sometime now. Was hoping for a 9200 someday

2. JBacklund

JBacklund Gretschie

I recently acquired a second telecaster too, a classic-looking butterscotch blonde Player model. Now I can have a tele in standard tuning, and another in open tuning.

I'm going to order a set of Kluson vintage slotted tuners for it, and I have a three-barrel brass bridge to go on on it too, then put a set of 11's on it.

IMG_20200707_115131953.jpg

new6659 and bhatta like this.
  3. bhatta

bhatta Gretschie

Jun 29, 2020
    Bangalore
    Oh lala, don't they look great!
    11's , don't you find them too heavy?
    Maybe it goes with the tele sound!
    Been using 9's on my electrics a long time.

4. JeffreyLeePierre

JeffreyLeePierre Country Gent

Congrats on your new guitar, such a beauty again.

That's really bad news.
    All your guitars in that collection are both uncommon and beautiful. I mean: there are lots of beautiful guitars which have rather common shapes, there are lots of uncommon guitars which are not that beautiful (there are even some ugly ones), but yours are always both. In my humble taste at least.
    You don't play them!!!! :eek:
    I'm devastated.

5. JBacklund

JBacklund Gretschie

I only play fingerstyle with a thumb pick and three plastic Alaska fingerpicks, and I prefer the tension of heavier strings. I haven't used a flat pick in well over a decade.

6. bhatta

bhatta Gretschie

Jun 29, 2020
    Bangalore
    Ah! I never could master using the fingerpicks. Mostly it's all fingers for me and with a little Dunlop Jazz III thrown in when I feel it !
    Awesome guitars I saw in your thread!
    Keep rocking

JBacklund likes this.
  7. JBacklund

JBacklund Gretschie

Thank you!

The guitars I've designed simply don't suit the kind of things I actually play, I'm into the looks of them as art pieces, not players. I know, it's a strange deal.

I couldn't play a good rock song if you put a gun to my head, but I can, in my opinion at least, do a pretty decent John Prine 'Souvenirs' or a 'Sloop John B', that sort of thing.

JeffreyLeePierre and bhatta like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.