NGD - Yes I did.

Mr Swisher

Country Gent
Jun 12, 2012
England
June 1:
"He doesn’t do Gretsch that often, and told me he’d be asking help from the Gretsch builders to figure it out. It looks like he’s out of the office this week, so I’ll hit him up again when he returns to remind him."

June 17:
"I spoke to our guy again Friday about it. He said he needs to contact Steve Stern about some more difficult things. I guess Steve had been on vacation. I’ll check in with our guy again today to see how it’s going."

Nothing since. This is Dave's Guitar Shop, a pretty reputable and established dealer. I assume the "guy" he's referring to is somebody at FMIC who takes Custom Shop orders for both Fender and Gretsch. I don't want to be a nuisance if everybody really is trying and this is just how long it takes to get an estimate, but I'm starting to feel like this can't possibly be right.

I think if you are about to drop CS money you can be a nuisance. No business worth its salt would not want that kind of money.

I'd call again and say if they can't help you you may have to consider placing the order elsewhere. Not so much as a threat, but a matter of fact.

CS money deserves a quailty of service from any retailer.

Good luck. It will be worth it.

BuddyHollywood

Gretschie
Sep 11, 2009
Venice, CA
Congratulations! I was one of those guys who was saying to make sure it beat your Power Jet for you. I'm happy to hear your report that it does. It's looks to be an amazing guitar. Aesthetically I love the color and the checking appears to be part of its design more than any kind of relic aging. It really looks fantastic. I'm glad it plays and sounds just as spectacular.

This may not appeal to you but if you're having difficulty achieving a tone with some gain maybe swap the bridge pickup with your Power'Tron in your other Jet. It may be that you developed your gain tone with those.

Mr Swisher

Country Gent
Jun 12, 2012
England
This may not appeal to you but if you're having difficulty achieving a tone with some gain maybe swap the bridge pickup with your Power'Tron in your other Jet. It may be that you developed your gain tone with those.

I really like both pickups. They are very different to the powertrons. It can handle soaring lead lines but not with the same depth or sustain as the PTrons provide.

It's killer at a more mid-gain sounds and cleaner lead lines. And I love it for that.

The PowerJet will be up for sale from the weekend. Financially I can't afford both, especially with the PJ relegated to the sidelines.