NGD, the oldest Fender I've ever seen!

Discussion in 'Other Cool Guitars' started by wildeman, Jun 9, 2021.

1. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    I found it at a local Music go round in Stockton. Stockton is an old place right smack in the California Central Valley so it was a Western Swing hot spot back in the day, lots of old instruments here.

2. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Maybe ill do a little demo once i get it fixed up so's y'all can here how it sounds.

calebaaron666 likes this.
  3. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

Congrats, because that is one cool piece of history! I hope you make beautiful music with it!

4. LivingMyDream

LivingMyDream Friend of Fred

I was at the University of the Pacific in Stockton from '73 to '77. I wish I had been more into playing back then. The only music I played back then was on the radio or the turntable.

5. TSims1

TSims1 Gretschified

Jun 18, 2013
    Atlanta
    Yeah, now that’s just really flippin COOL. I’d sure love to hear it.

wildeman likes this.
  6. TV the Wired Turtle

TV the Wired Turtle Gretschified

Jul 25, 2009
    Sandy Eggo
    I had one of those and I was horrible, I stole the pickup off of it and sold the steel guitar.

7. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Ah well, I've done some bad things too back in the day. I remember a neighbor gave me a GA 50 like this when i was a kid. Screenshot_2021-06-10-13-26-55-1.png it didn't work, it could've been a fuse, i didn't know anything at all back then. It sat around in the garage till my dad had a cleaning frenzy and it went to the dump!:eek:
    This was around '85 or 6, i woulda been 14 or 15.

8. Henry

Henry I Bleed Orange

Apr 9, 2014
    Petaluma
    Very cool. There was a period when "Hawaiian" stlye guitars were very popular,but nowadays pretty much everyone plays "Spanish" style guitars.

9. wildeman

wildeman I Bleed Orange

May 10, 2015
    norcal
    Well, the pickup is off to be rewound, i should have it back in 60 days or so. The strings run through the bobbin on these and the plastic support shrinks up and buzzes on the strings, i thought i might be able to shim it up but, nope. It will be awesome when its done, no buzzes, no rigged up shims;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.