NGD Super David Bowie Dual Tone (pics to come later)

JCW513

Gretschie
Sep 21, 2017
Boston
Got one for a really really really good price.

Don't know what a vintage one sounds like, but with it hooked up to my Vintage 47 Mighty Mini, and Mystery Brain, its early nasty 50's and 60s blues... Instant Link Wray tones.. It may be the nicest playing guitar i've ever had and i've had some pretty nice ones... Plugged in my Peppermint Fuzz and its very snarly and nasty.

I can't believe how nice it is. I always wanted one, and for the price I figured even if I don't like it, I should be able to almost sell it for double later. Its not going anywhere for a long time.

JCW513

Gretschie
Sep 21, 2017
Boston
First pics here https://suprousa.com/bowie-dual-tone/ out of my curiosity.
Mainly because i've never seen Bowie on stage with any guitar, apart from a 12-string accoustic during the Ziggy period. Then I was pretty amazed about a signature guitar.

Congratulations, looks pretty neat.
Thank you.... I like Bowie a lot, but i'm not a fan.. I bought it because i've always wanted a Supro Dual Tone.

Thanks, its real neat. I know that Link Wray played many many guitars, "Rumble" was recorded with a 53 Goldtop, but boy this thing is perfect for that sound.

I will get pics up later.

thunder58

Super Moderator
Staff member
Double Platinum Member
Dec 23, 2010
Tappan N.Y.
Thank you.... I like Bowie a lot, but i'm not a fan.. I bought it because i've always wanted a Supro Dual Tone.

Thanks, its real neat. I know that Link Wray played many many guitars, "Rumble" was recorded with a 53 Goldtop, but boy this thing is perfect for that sound.

I will get pics up later.
Bowie fan here and I like that guitar a lot ....WOW !! very cool , enjoy and congrats

Jena

Synchromatic
Out of curiosity too . . .

Sweetwater for a grand USD . . .

Hmmm . . .
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...2SYYztmjSgFneMU781rMbxX9rcTsrzH8aAoRaEALw_wcB

8 lbs 6 ozs with the Bigsby . . .

"mahogany body is beautifully contoured and comfortable. A set of Visatone humbucking pickups are true to Bowie’s. A Tune-o-matic bridge and a Supro reverse stairstep tailpiece finish off the Supro David Bowie Limited Edition Dual Tone Hardtail."

Last edited:

drmilktruck

Senior Gretsch-Talker
Double Platinum Member
May 17, 2009
Plymouth, MN
Congrats on the nice addition!

Certainly a cool looker and David could play but certainly wasn't known for it. As stated, somebody's looking to profit.

(What's next, David Bowie Barbecue Sauce?)

Byron

Country Gent
Sep 4, 2009
uk
Yeah, apparently NOW we're told that he was famous for playing that model. Well, looks like he did in his later years. At first, the big Bowie logo put me off but now they make a plainer model. Great pickups, made by Roadhouse who have mysteriously disappeared. Maybe they work full time for Supro now. I bought a set for my lowly Eastwood Twin Tone which came with nasty pups.

loudnlousy

Gretschified
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2015
Germany
Years ago I read a guitar-related interview with Bowie and Reeves Gabrels.
Bowie told the interviewer that he has no special preferences when it comes to guitars. Any inexpensive guitar like his Parker Fly (!? Aha...) would do for him.

Gabrels remarked smiling that there is not something like an inexpensive Parker Fly...

JCW513

Gretschie
Sep 21, 2017
Boston
Been dealing with taking care of very sick elderly friend. Haven't been able to post pics but I promise I will.

There isn't much out on these guitars, but I really can't say enough good things about it. For anyone interested buy it, Bowie fan or not. I've never had as much fun playing a guitar as this one.

Latest posts