NGD!!! Setzer Hot Rod

JCW513

Gretschie
Sep 21, 2017
Boston
What a guitar. I saw it online, put a deposit on over the phone. I was still on the fence.. Once he took it out of the case at GC I was like "this guitar is mine".. I looked it over, only some buckle rash, not bad at all. Its in great shape. Came with everything it supposed to come with. This guitar was well cared for. I love the tone knobs, but i do not miss it (I got 12 other with tone)... That being said I'm thinning the heard. I'm on the fence. I love my G5420 Apsen Green guitar. But i'm debating on selling it. I'll sell everything off I want to sell and see how i feel. I will say the Korean made Gretschs are great in their own right. But the this one seems a little extra special.

I use Vintage 47 amps, and Boss RE20 and a tuner.. Sometimes fuzz or wah... I took one of the guitar and a family photo too come later.. I'm sick and had to leave work early to take an elderly friend who fell to the doctors (luckily she is fine).. So I don't have the energy to take the best photos right now. That being said I may play along to Setzers Sun records album later...

Attachments

• IMG_1111.jpg
    IMG_1111.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 62

Synchro

The artist formerly known as: Synchro
Staff member
Jun 2, 2008
Tucson
It's really hard to improve on that simple control set. I could be perfectly happy with the same arrangement on all of my guitars. When I'm gigging, I usually only have time for the master volume and/or the pickup selector anyhow. Individual pickup volumes give a lot of control choice, but if you switch pickups and end up with a major decrease in volume because you one one pickup or the other dialed back, that can be disconcerting, to say the least.

I bet that beast will love the Re-20.

J Bird

Synchromatic
Dec 2, 2016
Enumclaw
I couldn't really dig a 6120 hot rod, I never touch individual volume or the tone knobs, or for that matter, the master volume.

I kind of regret not getting Dead Romans take on the hot rod. Also, locally, there's a 5120 hot rod longhorn on the headstock, G-branded lower bout, TV Jones for $750. A little tempting.

Stefan

Country Gent
Jan 20, 2016
Germany
I couldn't really dig a 6120 hot rod, I never touch individual volume or the tone knobs, or for that matter, the master volume.

I kind of regret not getting Dead Romans take on the hot rod. Also, locally, there's a 5120 hot rod longhorn on the headstock, G-branded lower bout, TV Jones for $750. A little tempting.

Whon needs separate controls or a pickguard? Hot Rods are perfect simplicity. Pure Rock and Roll.

rosey

Sep 25, 2017
Saint Cloud, MN
Nice! I have the dark colored 2017 hot-rod... Unfortunately, due to multiple surgeries I'll need to sell mine. Was signed at the beginning of this year as well, I've barely played it. Anyway, great guitar!

Attachments

• 20170727_211538.jpg
    20170727_211538.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts