NGD....Rick 610

markeebee

Country Gent
Apr 27, 2010
Forever Malcolm Young
I normally have a story to go along with a NGD. This time the only story is: I wanted it. I've wanted one for yonks. And the ever fragrant Mrs Bee said "if you want it, buy it".

That's a story, isn't it?

IMG_20221130_175609.jpg

It's a lot of fun, it's kind of like a cross between a Rick and a Tele and a spaniel puppy. It's great for three chord punk rock, and I struggle with anything other than three chord punk rock, so that's handy.

I will look after this one, I promise

markeebee

Country Gent
Apr 27, 2010
Forever Malcolm Young
Congrats!
What's the diff between your 610 and my 620? (besides the color?)

View attachment 196088

Ooh, that's nice. Looks like Santa's guitar. Or Beelzebub's.

The 610 is like a less posh 620. Dot inlays on the neck instead of sharkfins, and no body binding. I had a 620 a while ago but I found that after an evening of frenzied but inept downstrokes my inner forearm got really sore where it rubbed against the binding. I thought a 610 would be the answer but they're quite rare over here.

I like how the 600 and 400 series have the Rickenbacker DNA, but are more robust. I have a couple of 360s (and another on the way) but I'd take the 610 to a pub brawl any day.

Back in Black

Country Gent
Double Platinum Member
Jun 22, 2020
Ontario Canada
I normally have a story to go along with a NGD. This time the only story is: I wanted it. I've wanted one for yonks. And the ever fragrant Mrs Bee said "if you want it, buy it".

View attachment 195841

It's a lot of fun, it's kind of like a cross between a Rick and a Tele and a spaniel puppy. It's great for three chord punk rock, and I struggle with anything other than three chord punk rock, so that's handy.

markeebee,

Congratulations on your Ric purchase.

There are only two kinds of guitar owners...those who have Rickenbackers, and those who want Rickenbackers!

I do not have a 600 series, this is the closest I have.

I love the ''shorties'', and this little 83 ES-16 Electro, and the 57 900, are really short!!

Best,

DSCF1466.JPG DSCF1463.JPG DSCF1464.JPG IMG_0225.JPG

BIB.

TV the Wired Turtle

Gretschified
Double Platinum Member
Jul 25, 2009
Sandy Eggo

View attachment 195841

noice!

Latest posts